-
September 8th, 2000, 04:00 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Anyone used the Ektachrome stock. I've only used Kodachrome to date but I'm sick of the 2 month turnover time to send it to Switzerland. What's the Ekt like?? Much different from K40? What about Super8Sound, what do you all think of their stocks?? Are they worth the big bucks??
------------------
"Grab a handful of St. John's Wort and a Giant Coke Slurpee and go make a movie."
-
September 8th, 2000, 04:44 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I have used the Etkachrome7240--Until recently I would have said it was trash. I would not recommend it over Kodachrome but when shot with an 85B filter it look good. It does not have the colors that Kodachrome does but it could be used for an extra stop. I have had bad results when using an 85A filter which is what Super8 cameras have built in. The problem lies in an 85A corrects 7240 to 3400K where as the 85B takes it to 3200K. I have yet to do my tests under Tungsten light. I would recomend sending you Kodacrome to Fuji in Arizona--the turn around it about a week.
As for Super8Sound's stock in my opinion they are not worth it. All of their mumbo-jumbo about latitiude and low light is a lot of hype. Yale does sell the Kodak Vision200T directly to consumers for slightly less than Super8Sound's. Also if you are on a budget you can't have just anyone transfer negative stocks. You have to have a RANK.
I say stick with reversal. It give better colors and most of all it is easier to deal with. Reversal also has some benefits when blowing up to 16 or 35. Good Luck and if you have any questions just email me.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks