Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Oops.

  1. #1
    tfunch24
    Guest tfunch24's Avatar

    Post

    This was posted by mistake.

    Sorry.

    Tom

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 30, 2003 09:29 AM: Message edited by: tfunch24 ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member c_77's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2001
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You know that's the one and only thing I HATE about this board. It's one of those where you can't just delete the topic, or if you double post you're stuck!

    I appreciate this forum, and thank you Mike Brantley for providing it but i wonder why it's like that.

    I just felt like getting that offf my chest...

    Actual i know of another board that won't let you delete. It's so silly. It's not like we're publishing a book here!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner MikeBrantley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just checked the moderator control panel, and it appears that this software as implemented by Hostboard does not allow me to allow you to delete messages or topics. Sorry.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, let's not waste a new posting. I have some oops topics. On my new film, we had the oops factor when the second camera lost a loop. We were bummed until I got the footage back and although the shot is not usable for scene intended, it has a very erie almost computer generated look to it that will work fine for a graphics animation. I am very excited about the mistake!

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner MikeBrantley's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2000
    Posts
    173
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So... the question now becomes can you duplicate the effect by purposefully causing the camera to lose its loop? I can imagine how to do this on my Bolex regular-8 camera, but I'm not sure how to do it with a S8 cart.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It was a 16mm shoot, so yes, it might be a problem to repeat on super 8.... Double super 8! The effect is a very stange floating image, almost like a line drawing. It happened on negative, and I will keep it that way. A positive image will take away from overall look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •