Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Double Bass's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello I am a newbie to Super 8mm, don't even own a camera. i have always shot in video (by the way I am 14) and I just want to know if it is possible to donvert 8mm to video, or computer so I can edit with a program I won. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Screener's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2003
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, its possible to shoot in s8 and transfer to video or directly into your computer if you have the equipment. Many labs will transfer your film directly to the videotape of your choice. This will be under the heading of "telecine" or "Transfer" services. Once on tape, you import it to your computer and edit as you would any video. You can later "Cut" and edit the original film to conform to your video, so that you can project it on a screen... or you may never touch it again... your choice.

    good luck.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is my advice--Take it or leave it. Buy the best you can. Spend the money. You will end up saving in the long run. You will have the gear that you can't "outgrow". Rather you will grow with it. I hope all goes well. You will make some great pictures that you will be able to watch 50 years from now when your video is nothing but rust and plastic.

    Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •