-
August 11th, 2002, 10:54 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have never removed the lens from my Beaulieu 5008s - ever. But I'm considering a new lens for extra telephoto. It's an Angenieux C mount. My camera, like most Beaulieu's I believe, accepts C mount lenses, so I guess it should be fine.
But are there certain other things I should look out for, or keep in mind, considering this lens?
Any helpful info is very much appreciated.
-
August 12th, 2002, 12:46 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Yes, its weight and length. The C-Mount is junk in my opinion. That is why Beaulieu abandonded it and went with a beefier mount for the 6008 and up.
I don't know which lens you have on your 5008 but if it is the 6-70 Schneider then anything will be better than it. I am sorry but I have a real hatred towards that lens. I like Schneider for the most part--It is just that lens. I think that the 6-66 was much better.
Either way Angenieux glass is some of my favorite. Good Luck
-
August 12th, 2002, 01:16 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Yeah, I have the 6-70. The Angenieux I'm interested in goes to 150mm. Is that gonna be too heavy?
If so, what about 120mm?
-
August 12th, 2002, 10:00 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I have also one question about Beualieu super cameras and their lenses!
I'm going to get "as a free" (almost, I'll transfer his super 8 films to digital with Workprinter and I'll get the stuff as a barter trade) couple Beualieu super 8 cameras, 2008, 3008, 4008 (I hope ZM2 or ZM4) and 5008 (S or MS), factory service manuals for them and also lot of special service tools for Beualieu super 8 cameras + other stuff (including also other super 8 cameras and adapters for c-mount to other standards).
He bought them at the beginning of 80's from one service company in Finland (specialized repair/service Beualieu cames) after its bankruptcy.
I'm not 100% sure, how much other stuff he has , but that guy called me last week and just offered me this deal and it just sound too good to me!
Anyway I wonder, is Angenieux 1,4 6-90 (I'd get this one too from other place) suitable for 4008 and 5008, has it the same type of c-mount? I think that this lens was used only for 6008 and higher, or?
I have Bauer 715 which has this (almost same) Angenieux 1,8 6-90 lens and I like it very much!
So, it would be nice to get this kind of lens also installed to older Beualieu model. Is there any possibilities to modify its c-mount to suitable for this lensmodel or maybe make an adapter for it (I know, you have to calibrate it anyway).
Regards
Jukka Sillanpaa
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 12, 2002 07:04 AM: Message edited by: jukkasil ]</font>
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 12, 2002 07:05 AM: Message edited by: jukkasil ]</font>
-
August 12th, 2002, 01:10 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I think--That the 6-80 is the highest zoom length that will fit on cameras below 6008. I know that the 6008 and up will take C-Mount lenses but the factory lens is of a different mount. Good Luck
-
August 12th, 2002, 01:27 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Bjorn Andersson from Beualieu/Sweden (I'll contact you Bjorn, when I'll get more info about those stuff) answered me personally after my question:
"the 1,4 6-90 Angenieux has no C-mount. There is no spareparts to modify this lens, it?s better to try to find a 1,2 6-80 or 1,2 6-90. The 1,4 lens was only used on 7008."
I'll wait to see what that guy is offering me, I'm not sure is there any lens at all, perhaps only bodies etc. then I have to start finding suitable lenses for these cameras.
-
August 12th, 2002, 03:36 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Most likely. What is it?? A zoom?? Prime?? T-Stop?? If it is a prime that is not an ultra speed it might be fine. The bigger glass of faster lenses of course is heavier. I have a Angenieux Zoom for my Aaton and it would pop the threads so fast in a C-Mount. I really do wish there was a way to turn my Beaulieu into a good postitive bayonet mount of some sort.
-
August 12th, 2002, 05:36 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Everyone's posts have been helpful. Thank you. Looks like I'm gonna be restricted to 70mm despite my hunger for extremely shallow depth of field.
D*mn Orsen Wells and his deep focus!!
-
August 13th, 2002, 03:02 AM
#9
Inactive Member
I don't know if this makes it any clearer, but I just got an Ang. 6-90. It's a FRIGGIN BIG LENS! I'm thinking I need some rails and a support.
Mine is a C-mount, f1.2 T*1.4.
There you go...
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks