Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello everyone I am a newbie, both to this forum and to super 8 so please be gentle with me. I have also just posted this same question on another forum so sorry if I am repeating myself.

Now then....

I recently 'won' an ebay auction for a Canon 1014 auto zoom and got what I thought was a very good price for this camera, expecting to have to carry out a few repairs/renovations etc. I am pretty good with all things electronic and mechanical and generally there isn't much I can't fix so I took the gamble.

You know what comes next. The camera looks in great nick and the lens is spotless. However, after sticking in 6 new AA batteries the camera is dead. When I say this, I mean that all functions - light metering auto zoom and film transport are not working and I can't see any indicator light in the viewfinder (should there be under/over exposure warnings?).

Is it common for a general power failure to happen like this. Are there any usual suspect failures on the circuit board that I should look for first?

(Better still is there something glaringly obvious like a power switch that I have missed? - I hope so).

I don't have a repair manual and maybe I should get one but any help and advice would be very gratefully received.

Thanks in advance,

Al

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You need to post this one 8mm filmshooting.com.There are several techs on that site who can help you.One of them helped me get my Bolex up and running.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks,

I got a few good responses on filmshooting. It turns out the main problem was dirty battery contacts.

Al