Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Workprinter

  1. #1
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone have any experience with one of these?I understand the projector part only runs 6 fps.Does the computer turn it into real time 24 fps?How well does it work.I'm a TV news photog so I take home a Sony BNW 7 which would make broadcast quality transfer.Anyone have any experience with one these?
    Marty

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by oldasdirt:
    Does anyone have any experience with one of these?I understand the projector part only runs 6 fps.Does the computer turn it into real time 24 fps?How well does it work.I'm a TV news photog so I take home a Sony BNW 7 which would make broadcast quality transfer.Anyone have any experience with one these?
    Marty
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's the bomb baby. Transfers at 6fps to your computer, which does the 3:2 converion and give you back 30fps speed (although you know it's running at 29.976fps as video does). I finally got a 3CCD firwire camera to work with it (I just wanted to keep it all firewire) and I LOVE the quality I get! I finally see the film grain again in the transfer!

    Hey Marty, is that you?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    converion and give you back 30fps speed (although you know it's running at 29.976fps as video does).Does this mean you have to shoot 30fps?Or can you shoot 24 fps and have it do frame extrapolationj for NTSC?&gt;
    Hey Marty, is that you?&gt;Yep

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Konton's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2000
    Posts
    189
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You should really just go to the website and read what it says.

    http://www.moviestuff.tv/wp_xp.html

    It's not the equipment that determines your speed. You do! Or rather your computer does. The workprinter simply allows you to capture one frame at a time into your computer. And it runs at 6fps. It's what you do with all those frames in your computer that determines the rest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •