Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Synchronex

  1. #1
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just picked up a Synchronex camera and cassette deck on ebay.Is anyone familiar with type of pulse used on this system?Is the deck self resolving or do I need an interface of some sort to make transfers on a projector with a 1F switch?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ratsder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2003
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello

    I have the same set-up. I've never used it. I remember reading somewhere that after shooting film one would send the film and cassette to a specific processor who would combine the two. If you look inside the camera as it is running you should see a blink near the claw. One blink per frame. The cassette records a beep for every frame on one of two channels. The spot on the film was synched to the beep. Again, this is from memory but I hope it helps.

    Jesse

  3. #3
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks,that does help.Where is this flash inside the camera?What I would really need to know is how the recorder syncs to a projector.Ive seen some Synchronex projectors on ebay but haven't bought any because they're essentially silent projectors.I want to transfer sync sound to a stripe.I need to know if in transfer/playback,the recorder slaves to it's own pulse or controls the speed of he projector.So far a search for a manual has yielded nothing.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ratsder's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 20th, 2003
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello

    I found the manual but it is little help. I also have a publication HOW TO MAKE SOUND MOVIES IN SUPER-8. Very general. But if you want these email me, [email protected] and I'll mail them to you. You can have them. Please don't expect much in the way of info.
    If you open your camera point toward a light and press the trigger you should see the blink on the right side of the film gate just below the pull down claw.

    Jesse

  5. #5
    Inactive Member oldasdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Jesse,I just sent you an email,but in case you don't get it on yahoo.It's
    Marty Hamrick
    1161 Orton St.
    Jacksonville,Fl.
    32205

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •