Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got offered a chance to create a music video that is apparently going to be shown on MTV in the future if all goes well, which I obviously snapped up straight away. However, now I think I am going to regret it.

The people involved want a video that rivals multi million pound films for a budget of practically zero. Not to mention the fact that they want this thing shot by the Monday after next and I have only been on this project for 3 days and don't seem to listen when I tell them certain shots and locations they want are not going to possible. It wouldn't be too bad if I was actually getting paid and didn't have other work on my plate.

Why don't people ever listen?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like hell! What are the complicated shots & locations they need?

And out of interest, what genre of music is it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That OK GO video was cheap, and award winning.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Believe me, I would love to do something as simple and original as OK, Go, but the genre is R'n'B/Rap and the artist and producer have their own ideas as to what is going on.

The most complicated scene is/was going to be a town centre but there is no way in hell you can get permission from the council and all the shops in such a short time. Not to mention, because it's a public place and we have no budget, it would attract a lot of attention that we don't want or need to be honest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In a public situation such as a town centre, so long as you don't put any tripod or cables down then you don't have too much health and safety to worry about. Just notify the Police that you will be filming so they don't come and arrest you. And take spare batteries.

Keep crew and ensemble to absolute minimum - guy with camera, guy with playback, guy with reflector, plus required performers. No one else should be needed (that I can think of right now). Any one of the 'guys' can be the director.

Dude, this is the guerilla forum for a reason! Sometimes you do have to fly by the seat of your pants ....

BTW, who are the production company or record label or whatever? Who are the band?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Or when the police say no, just get all of your blocking out of the way early so that everyone knows exactly what they are doing, and film from a distance, with as many cameras as you can get hidden under peoples shirts. It's a music video, so you don't have to worry about any obvious boom poles or dat recorders, etc.