Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: guns

  1. #1
    Manicmarcus
    Guest Manicmarcus's Avatar

    Post

    Hi! I dont wanna come across all gun obsessive here but Im shooting a movie in 4 weeks and i need some info. Basily we want to use blank fireing M-16's in our film. It isnt a big action film its just a small 15 minute film in which these guns will be fired once each in woods that the public have access to. We want to avoid having the actor pretend to be feeling the kick back of the weapon so want a blank firer.
    We have heard loads of conflicting information on the whole situation and so we need some clarification. Does anybody know the rules/laws of using these weapons or where I would be able to find out about such things? Does anybody know where we might be able to prefrably hire but maybe buy them?
    Thanks alot. Manicmarcus


    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Right, in the UK, so far as I know, blank firing automatic weapons like M16's, MP5's, M15's etc are NOT sold in shops, you can only buy blank firing hand-guns (from what I know and have seen). I think you need to have a license for automatic blank firers, but where you get either of these, is uknow to me.

    About firing blank firers, it's possible, especially in remote areas, or if you give people living near by advanced warning. They're not illegal, if used on private land. I think they're pretty legal on land that isn't yours, so long as - you have permission to be filming on that land, and that you have informed the owner/s and the police.

    Tada!

    smile
    Mods

    ------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove
    Anarchy Pictures

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •