-
January 7th, 2002, 05:43 PM
#1
Inactive Member
www.exposure.co.uk
------------------
My preciousssssss!
-
January 7th, 2002, 05:56 PM
#2
-
January 7th, 2002, 06:55 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Yo Sleezebag.
Try this website at http://homebuiltstabilizers.just.nu/
David A Platt
Progress Film Productions
------------------
-
January 7th, 2002, 07:42 PM
#4
Inactive Member
I find that if you attach your camera to a regular tripod, extend the neck bit and carry it by this bit, it gives you a cool Panaglide effect, ? la Halloween.
------------------
For weird and crazy crap, visit my homepage, at http://www.untamedaggression.iofm.net
-
January 7th, 2002, 10:02 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Get yerself a monopod, a bumbag (or "fannypack" (titter) as our American cousins have an unfortunate tendency to call 'em) and a guitar strap.
Stap on yer bumbag (I know they went out in 1989, but bear with me) and zip it up around the ground end of the monopod. Get the guitar strap and tie one end on the top of the 'pod and the other end to the bumbag strap by your arse.
Stick the camera on top of the monopod and (assuming its got one) flip out the screen et voila! you now have the "steadicam" I've been using for the past few years. Works too, especially with Shap Viewcam camcorders.
Another good one is the "Evil Dead" way: get a plank of wood, strap your camera down good and tight in the centre of it. Set it running, then you and a friend each grab an end of the plank and run like hell towards/away from your subject. The wood takes the bounces out of your run and you end upo with a steadi(ish)cam.
Hope these help.
------------------
"There's no moral... It's just a bunch of stuff that happens."
www.gwailofilms.co.uk
-
January 8th, 2002, 02:02 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I don't see how fannypack sounds any stupider then bumbag. :P
------------------
"He who breaks a thing to discover what it is has left the path of wisdom."
-Gandalf
www.pmind.com
-
January 8th, 2002, 04:26 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I am going to filming a few shots that would benefit from a Glidecam/ Steadicam, but I don't have $300 to spend. I was wondering if any one knows any web sites or can otherwise tell me how I can make a fairly cheap one. thanks.
------------------
-
January 9th, 2002, 04:53 AM
#8
Inactive Member
I have a glidecam 4000 (www.glidecam.com) which works great. Its hell on the arms though if your camera is heavy. (mine is). Its not too expensive. Search around on the net for them.
You can get a body-pod for it for a little extra money. It takes the weight off your arms at the cost of a little bit of stability.
Regards
Stephen
------------------
Regards
Stephen Chown
Old Ones Productions
-
January 23rd, 2002, 01:00 AM
#9
Inactive Member
On our last project we used an old wheel chair we paid $40 for, and it worked great. Plus the price was much easier to swallow. Hope this helps
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks