Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, enough idle chit chat Mr. Tyler. Let's see what you've done. Give us some URL's where we can check out your brilliant ART.

I have to say I don't totally disagree with what you are saying. It's just the way you go about it. Pompous, self-righteous, errogant, however you want to describe it, it sucks. Lay off a little. You aren't the holy god of movies, you know. Really. You aren't. And if people want to do things for different reasons than you well, that's ok too. We can't all be N. Foster Tyler but we can all be considerate, non-destructive......what's the word.....HUMAN...that's right. Can you buy your shity attitude a nice buttery bucket of popcorn??? Cause that's what you'll be left with. Cheer up. Life aint so serious is it.

smile

bu bye.
    tash.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So, enough idle chit chat Mr. Tyler. Let's see what you've done. Give us some URL's where we can check out your brilliant ART.

I have to say I don't totally disagree with what you are saying. It's just the way you go about it. Pompous, self-righteous, errogant, however you want to describe it, it sucks. Lay off a little. You aren't the holy god of movies, you know. Really. You aren't. And if people want to do things for different reasons than you well, that's ok too. We can't all be N. Foster Tyler but we can all be considerate, non-destructive......what's the word.....HUMAN...that's right. Can you buy your shity attitude a nice buttery bucket of popcorn??? Cause that's what you'll be left with. Cheer up. Life aint so serious is it.

smile

bu bye.
    tash.

Inactive Member shakespeareskin's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All this talk about N. foster's films....has anyone here actually seen one of them?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

You people are absurd.
    I've been gone for three weeks and I come back to this drivel.
    It's not a matter of whether N. Foster Tyler's films are brilliant or horrid, as long as he finds solace in them...that is all that matters. He seems to view filmmaking as a form of living, not a way to make a living. And that's perfectly fine. From his past comments, that's what I've picked up and I respect it. I can easily see why he has gone perhaps over the line and insulted some of you. I don't agree with everything Mr. Tyler has said: "I leave all that up to my producers. I'm not interested." In type of filmmaking he seems to be doing, one tends to be their own producer, but all those who are attacking him, take at look at what you are saying. Sure, none of us have seen N. Foster films, but I sure as hell haven't seen any of yours. When one truly does something for art's sake, people who only do it for or in this case, only talk about doing it for money/financial/pre-fabrication goals get damn annoying.

Inactive Member N. Foster Tyler's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you.

-N. Foster Tyler

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thief:
    I think you misunderstand my intentions (as well as others posting about N. Foster). The issue is not how briliant or horrid his films may be, but why he seems to be feel that he alone on this baord is a "filmmaker" and the rest of us are "wannabe's" as N. Foster puts it. My question is if Foster is the only real filmmaker here who has seen his work. I for one being only a "wannabe" would love to see what a real "filmmaker" does. I think that at least a few people would agree that N. oster brings this on himself through his constant attacks on anyone who doesn't measure up to his definition of a filmmaker.

The old adage still holds true: "if you don't have anything nice (in this case meaning CONSTRUCTIVE and or POSITIVE criticism) then don't say anything at all."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Is there a market for a CD full of movies by film-makers on this board ... let me post a topic...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

"if you don't have anything nice (in this case meaning CONSTRUCTIVE and or POSITIVE criticism) then don't say anything at all."

Hmmm. I'm going to say something here that may not endear me to a lot of people, but here goes...

Stop bloody whining.
    N. Foster Tyler is perfectly entitled to air his opinions. Just because he's not sucking up to everyone and telling them what geniuses they all are everyone's getting upset about it.
    "Boo-hoo-hoo. Oh dear oh dear, I'm a filmmaker and nobody understands me and all I want is a little bit of support and he keeps on criticising and it's very off-putting and it's making me sad."

Get a grip for the love of God.
    Film-making is hard work. I'm working on a project at the moment and I'm the writer, main actor, producer, make-up artist, props master and every other f***ing thing except the director (although even that isn't 100% sure at the moment). It's a full-length feature, it's my first effort and it is bloody hard work. But I don't go off sulking whenever someone criticises it, I just carry on. Why?
    Cos I'm making the film because I want to.
    Simple as that. No-one said it would be easy, and I certainly don't expect everyone in the world to fall to their knees, prostrate themselves in front of me and hail me as the new emperor of film.

Reality check coming up...

People will not beat a path to your door.
    People will not throw blank cheques at you.
    In fact, most of you will not make it as filmmakers.
    Shall I repeat that?
    Most of you WILL NOT make it as filmmakers.
    There, someone finally said it.
    What we all need is a healthy dose of realism around here.
    My point is: pursue your dreams, don't give up. If you feel you have something important to say via the medium of film, if you just want to provide good old fashioned entertainment, or if you purely want to have a good time, then do it.

BUT for God's sake don't get hurt and confused when you log onto your favourite film-making site hoping to get your fragile ego massaged and instead have to leave with a flea in your ear.
    Grow up people. To quote the Coen Brothers, "The world does not stop and start at your convenience..."

Rant over. Thanks for your time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Buddy lacks imagination, big time.Why would anybody want to make a film so unoriginal and derivative? It starts out a silly Disney comedy and turns into Lord of the Flies. Hopefully, it will never be made, as it will only serve to further pollute popular film as it is today."

"I'm sorry, I just cannot agree with that. Kids are going to do what kids are going to do, but believe me motherfucker, there IS a price to pay."

"You people really make me sick to my stomach sometimes. Oh well, what else can one expect from a forum comprised of 14 year-old fucking crybaby wannabes?"

Just a few quotes from N.Foster Tyler. And you wonder why people have a problem with him?

Inactive Member N. Foster Tyler's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And every one of them were posted in my defence or as retaliation.

-N. Foster Tyler

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast