Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: inspiration

  1. #1
    Inactive Member filmmaker14's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    who are your biggest inspirations and why?

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member NoahtGreat's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Darren Aronofsky. He's my new hero I think. I'm borderline painfully obsessed.

    People in general are pretty inspiring. Just watch people for a while. Working in a mall lets you just set up shop and watch people and make up their stories as they cruise by.

    Having just seen the movie "Cube" (thanks to the thread about movies with very few locations) I think it's inspired me. And disturbed me. Now being stuck in the Cube is my second greatest fear (alien abduction being the first).

    but what if the aliens abduct me, and put me in the cube, and then even if I escape the cube there's still aliens on the otherside waiting for me!!!??!?!

    --Noah

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In a word: Beck

    ------------------
    [QUOTE]www.geocities.com/johnnyrelentless[QUOTE]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Saul Bass for stripping the idea down to it's purest form to create things of beauty.

    Alfred Hitchock - the master

    Stanley Kubrick

    Orson Welles for his ambition

    Krzysztof Kieslowski

    F Scott Fitzgerald for 'Tender is the Night'

    Leo Tolstoy's 'War and Peace'

    Truman Capote's 'Breakfast at Tiffany's' (that's the book - not the film)

    Monet, Renoir, Degas Picasso, Van Gogh, Matisse, Leonardo, Rothko, Warhol

    Erwin Blumenfeld, Henri Cartier-Bresson, Horst, Brassai

    Pyotr Tchaikovsky

    Scott Walker

    Carl Jung

    The philosphers - for questioning

    Alan Fletcher - check out his new book 'The Art of Looking Sideways' published by Phaidon - absolutely brilliant!

    The list could go on...


    ------------------


    [This message has been edited by twister! (edited August 21, 2001).]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thankfully it does'nt. Yawn.

    ------------------
    [QUOTE]www.geocities.com/johnnyrelentless[QUOTE]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member twister!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2001
    Posts
    1,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry - didn't mean to bore. frown

    ------------------

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My list of some of my inspirations (in no particular order):

    Eisenstein
    Hitchcock
    Ed Wood
    Stanley Kubrick
    Orson Welles
    William Shakespeare

    cheers

    paul

    ------------------
    BAD EYE - Coming Soon www.curtin-parloe.co.uk/badeye Curtin Parloe 2001

    [This message has been edited by Curtin-Parloe (edited August 21, 2001).]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member SmokescreenProdsGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2001
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Inspirations?

    Spielberg (for the Shoah foundation)
    Whoever made the Flintstones Movie (the first one, with Rosie O'Donnell) (I was 10 or so when I saw it and I thought it was awful, and I thought that I could make a better movie. That's when I decided to become a filmmaker)
    "Rebel Without a Crew"
    Rhett Butler
    Hannibal Lecter
    ...and bubblebaths

    Ok, that's it!
    Paige

  9. #9
    Inactive Member sehe's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2001
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    kubrick!!!!!!!!

    ------------------

  10. #10
    Inactive Member ilpostino's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm also a new worshiper of the chappel of Mr Aranofsky; along with Mr Fincher, Mr Kubrick, Mr Mendes, Mr Anderson Jimi Hendrix, the list goes on..

    Twister, I bought that book "The Art of Seeing Sideways" after you mentioned it (I read a review first) and your right, it's brilliant!!

    ------------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •