Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: 16mm

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Sian105's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2000
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I'm currently working on DV but I'd like to get my hands on some 16mm equipment in the future. Those of you with 16mm cameras - where did you get them and how much did you pay? Just as a guidline, I'm a sucker for getting ripped off... being a student I have limited monies, and online everything has been $2000+. Do you have any advice of where to get the best deal?

    Thanks
    Sian

  2. #2
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    depends what make you are looking for.
    Personally (and this isnt everyones choice) I would go for a clockwork bolex. You should be able to pick one up online (www.ebay.com) for under $500 (probably about $300). You will also need a lightmeter.
    Bolex is great for a student, a very hands on camera, with many simple features. You can also buy synch motors for them if you want/need to do synch sound. They are *always* turning up seconds hand all over the place, and you *can* buy the parts. (even a 400ft reel attachment)
    Make sure you get a reflex type (through the lens viewfinder)

  3. #3
    Eliud25
    Guest Eliud25's Avatar

    Post

    Try the flea markets. They usually sell 16mm filmmaking cameras for $100 or less. You will be surprised at what you find. I once bought a 16mm for $50 dollars in a photo shop.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •