Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: AVATAR

  1. #1
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    I am having trouble with the file size of my avatar.
    Any comments.
    While we are on the subject.
    If we had a code of ethics.
    Allow us to perform a reality check.
    We are living on the Milky Way's version of "Utah's Biggest Ball of String"
    So feeling superior to someone because you know a computer trick that seems complicated however...........
    Think about it.
    I have this really hard time believing that an Earth natural invented the computer.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    ?

    Am I right in thinking that all that nonsence, was just you asking how to set up an Avatar?

    I have a question. Is English your 5th language?

    Im not the best writer. My grammer and spelling ***** balls. But reading your posts is like reading some kind of alien messed up backwards version of a language that was once based on English. Trying to read it gives me a headache.

    Despin out.

  3. #3
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Yes

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Save it as a jpeg.
    I make suggestion.
    If you want to try.
    We are living on the Milky Way's equivalent of "Flea Circus".
    Feeling superior is not being superior is not thinking superior is not doing superior....
    Earth Naturals have feelings too.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Paul

  5. #5
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Jpeg
    Thanks
    Not problem
    as such
    why can i not take a picture and drag it directly
    to this space even after converting it to a text file.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please to be wary of image-dragging.

    Box of the typing is not image-dragging-possible.

    Uploading of image and the pointing of URL to it would be very agreeable.

    Avatar relevance is doubt.

    Paul

  7. #7
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Typing about we are what?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Err... I can't remember [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I was saying you can't drag a picture into the text box, because that's all it will allow. You would need to upload the picture somewhere and then refer to it in your text (using UBB)
    eg (with no spaces) [ IMG ]http://yoursite/yourimage [ /IMG ]

    As for the avatar, you just need a small squareish jpeg, and select Custom avatar from your profile. Hostboard will upload it for you

    I don't know what you were saying [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Paul

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think your avatar has to be 20K or less or something.

    mine is a .gif and 12.1K, with pixel dimensions of 82 x 124 (which get stretched to fill whatever the avatar dimensions are)

  10. #10
    Ralph Snart
    Guest Ralph Snart's Avatar

    Post

    Thank you
    I have discovered that I can email myself a photo.
    with little or no quality loss that I have been able to detect.
    By draging and droping the photo.
    If this is possible, given the fact that delivery is almost instantanious?
    Why for is it that the same can not be done with .wav .avi etc?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •