<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Get some insurance! [img]eek.gif[/img]I was thinking petrol inside of the wood and soil...
Ok first off im usually good with explosions in movies. Ive been playing around with them for some time so when we started to do the special effects for our movie everyone ask me to do the explosions.
Im not doing to bad either. So far ive managed to make around 30 odd grenades. But im stuck with our final big explosions. Nearing the final scene of the movie a dynamite stick goes off. My job was to immetate a dynamite stick without actually blowing anyone up.
The dynamite stick is going to be thrown into a drainpipe and blow out of there. So far I have come up with around 15kg of black powder layed on the bottom then an air space then on a piece of cloth loads of soil and bits of wood.
I was hopeing that this would create alot of dust to look like the explosion. I was thinking petrol inside of the wood and soil but that wouldnt look like dynamite.
Does anyone else have any ideas.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Get some insurance! [img]eek.gif[/img]I was thinking petrol inside of the wood and soil...
hi there
I think if you get a medium size theatrical maroon
put that the top of the drain pipe, put some dust and stuff on top of it and set it off, and lay on a 'boom' sound, should look the part.
I wouldnt recommend making your own explosives, you'll either lose a hand, or these days get arrested under the prevention of terrorism act.
15kg of black powder is a huge amount, and sounds totally unnessescary IMNSHO
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 16, 2003 06:21 AM: Message edited by: eidde ]</font>
Dont worry ive been making explosions for ages and nothing ever has gone wrong. All my work is done under strick safty rules.
Bookmarks