Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Interested in a London-Based Collaboration for £10K?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suggest you guys make something that for once isn't focussed around sex, male jiggalo's and scantily clad women. I would help, and for free, and with no bitch-whining either, but only if the filming takes place after September. That's cutting it fine since it needs to be in by 27th Oct. Still, if there is filming in Oct and there aren't too many days shooting I'd be happy to hold a boom, be a grip or runner etc.

I'm too busy working on a making-of for a Phillip Pullman movie at the mo to check this forum regularly but if someone here gets it organised and needs my help, just drop me an email & I'll send you my mobile number etc. mark at screen7.co.uk

Financially though I would have to agree. I can't put money into this, but I can help out doing whatever may be needed for free. I won't charge expenses either. It'll be a laugh.

ps, I really like the animation idea, but gotta wonder if they might see that as a lack of production value?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 21, 2007 08:18 PM: Message edited by: m0d ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

&lt;double post please ignore&gt;

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 22, 2007 03:00 PM: Message edited by: assyrix ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the offer, m0d. I don't think that the assertion of a shoestring production would be held against us if the end result tells a compelling story. I have seen technically crap animations who still entertained me because of the story. Besides, with no one willing to pay this would be the only way to get something done.

As a fallback we still have my titillating footage. Miker, please find below a tame screenshot with the four main protagonists. A preemtive keying gave usable results. Unfortunately there is a lot of spill...

BIG sample image (6 MB)

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 22, 2007 02:59 PM: Message edited by: assyrix ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

how does the still compare with the video footage? what res is the video?

I was thinking "ken burns" on a series of kinetic looking but still images could be an alternate starting point for style. (I did something similar for Coco Electik's Superfine using hi-res stills of the beautiful people on the beach n stuff).

what sort of ideas have you got for the composite?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Most of the stills are blurry as we shot without a tripod and got the exposure wrong (I got the EOS 5D just days before the start of the shoot due to the scheduled photographer dropping out and had no time to familiarise myself with it).

The footage itself is better. Shot on DigiBeta so no trouble here with keying. Thinking about war stuff as a background for the following story:

Each girl did a V/O about their special weapon. We show them in action and all fired up while V/O their reason for picking the weapon of choice, then follow up with a sombre synopsis on how they died in action. Sort of Kinetics gone wrong.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd just shoot something in one take. No editing. Kinda fits kinetic...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234