Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Grayscales

  1. #1
    Inactive Member peter_g's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello everyone,
    When I was in filmschool we used to shoot greyscales for the lab. I think they allow the lab technician to match the scenes when making prints/telecine'ing, but I'm quite unsure of this and would appreciate if someone could clarify it. Also, we shot on black and white film - would some other type of chart be shot at the start of each can of colour film?
    Thank you all

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Grey-Cards are for both B&W and color. You want to shoot one whenever there are major lighting changes on a roll. I like to give one to the clapper so that there is one on every take. You can also use a chip-chart but they cost more than a grey-card and I don't think they give better results...

    Good luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •