-
Alex--
Thank you for showing other peoples problems.....
You have not used a single timelapse motor on 16/35 and therefore are not fit to speak on the subject.
It is time for you to stop using what you read on the internet as gospel. You read these things--These things have not happened to you. You are not a DP and you are not fit to make statements on the subject because you have no first hand knowledge.
-
I always thought it was funny how a discussion about something as inconsequential as timelapse shots can spark vitriolic attacks like this. The both of you go and shoot some valium or something, please , you make me weary.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 12, 2004 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Peter_G ]</font>
-
Both of us.
I never said anything controversial to warrant an attack from puppet boy. It was the accusation that I did which is so annoying.
Anyway, I provided several good links along the way in case big masi needs to ask follow up questions with real 35mm cinematographers..
-
*Laughing his head off*
Did I somehow made this happen. Man! You guys are going mad over this... I think it might be time for me to end this (yet interesting) conversation right now. Here is what I think...
I will continue my experiment with my Canon814XLS super8 camera, because it's fun and educating. I will not buy a time-exposure super8 camera. I'm experienced photographer so I think I'm able to understand the images that are to be shoot with slow exposure times without actually seeing them in super8 format. I allready have a basic idea of what intervalometers can do, so I can talk with the producers and the "moneypeople" when the time comes. I will go 16mm because of the image quality (if somebody says now that super8 is better ...I'll scream). 35mm I'll forget because 16mm is less expensive (at least in Finland it is). I will put my DP to look into the problems that there might be months before the shooting. We will be prepared for light leaks, power problems, ghost images, film jammings and exposure changes and our camera will be steady, there will not be people in front of the camera and we will remove the lens cap and we will not touch the camera during the shoot *grin*
Where the real problems will be (producers problems) is the permits for some locations, one helicopter shot, transportation of the equiptment etc etc...
One question though: Give me a link with timelapse where they have waterfalls in the shot. It would be interesting to see. That's were my imagination runs out of batteries. Then again, that shoot (there is a waterfall shot in the script) will probably be in slow motion and not in timelapse *lol*
Thanks guys for the conversation... if there's any more advice (constructive advice) let me know.
*edited*
And oh yeah, one thing more! Now put your heads together on how to build a simple motion control system by your self!
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 12, 2004 06:51 PM: Message edited by: bigmasi ]</font>