Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: AvP

  1. #1
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you're not a fan of the original movies, avoid this like the plague.

    If you are a fan of the originals, prepare to be disappointed with this crossover.

    Unlikeable characters (with no real chatacter development on any of them), a one-place plot setting of an underground pyramid and the action sequences are one of those that have quick cutting and editing where you can't make out what the heck is going on [img]mad.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Where did you see it?

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    That's what I thought you were going to say.

    Apart from the fact that you're helping to ruin my fuckin' art form, you're doing yourself no favours watching movies this way.


    You really think watching a film on a 14" monitor through 2 shitty speakers is the best way to enjoy a film like that?

    No, it's a spectacle. It's mean to be seen on a big fuckin' screen with 20 channels of sound pumping through big fuck-off speakers.

    You might have enjoyed it more if you'd watched the film in its intended environment.

    You ever thought about PAYING to see a movie now and again, you cheap bastard?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by philipswales:
    That's what I thought you were going to say.

    Apart from the fact that you're helping to ruin my fuckin' art form, you're doing yourself no favours watching movies this way.


    You really think watching a film on a 14" monitor through 2 shitty speakers is the best way to enjoy a film like that?

    No, it's a spectacle. It's mean to be seen on a big fuckin' screen with 20 channels of sound pumping through big fuck-off speakers.

    You might have enjoyed it more if you'd watched the film in its intended environment.

    You ever thought about PAYING to see a movie now and again, you cheap bastard?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">OK, first of all it's a 17" flat-screen monitor and the speakers are very good.

    I have no desire to pay extortionate prices at the cinema for an unpleasant experience ruined by cocksuckers that qualify for "humans" these days.

    Particularly for films like AvP that should clearly be "18", but with your cocksucking film companies trying to milk as much as possible, they films are fucking toned down, given a "15" (or "PG-13" in USA), thus allowing a tidal wave of fucking immature, gum-chewing, gel-haired, burberry wearing cockblockers to watch these films.

    No, I'd rather much a new movie in the comfort of my own home, without having paid ?3,000 for a tub of popcorn and a soft drink, having the facility to "pause" when needed.

    I don't even pay for original and bloody expensive DVDs anymore, as I now have access to copy whatever DVDs I want via methods I won't reveal here.

    There are many advantages Mr Swales, a lot of people are doing it and perhaps it's time to accept it and move with the times. Cinema is DEAD.

    Victor11 fastfood3hats

    *kisses his teeth*

    "Fuck paying for films, man. It's a joke man"

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Cinema is NOT dead.

    But if you want to watch films purely in your own home, that's fine - just fucking pay for them!!!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I pay for the broadband connection, if that counts.

    Anyhoo, will be watching "Collateral" tonight [img]cool.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    No it doesn't count, you fucking mook.


    You're a thief, pure and simple. A common criminal, not worthy to wipe the shit off my shoe.

    Live with that.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On my PC [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member = KA$H ='s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2003
    Posts
    166
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh for the love of Chri...

    OK, I am a thief... Guess what? I am still going to do what I do.

    Also, I suggest you delete all your mp3s. I know you've got some. Delete them NOW, quick.

    I resent being called a "criminal" though.

    rn

    "I am not a crook"

    What do you care anyway, what I do doesn't effect amateur film makers (ie, you).

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner philipswales's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 9th, 2000
    Posts
    412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    You are a criminal. You steal movies.

    How is what you're doing different to sneaking out of HMV with a DVD under your arm? Answer: it's not.

    And no, I don't have any MP3s actually. I have respect for copyright laws.

    And what you're doing DOES affect me. Here's an equation:


    more piracy = less profit = less investment in future production = less chance of me getting a chance to make feature films of my own


    and when people pirate my own films, they're directly taking money out of my own pocket.


    So you're wrong on all counts. Nice try, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •