Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 93

Thread: Dom....dom..dom

  1. #71
    Inactive Member XNavyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2002
    Posts
    871
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just saw Dom at KoSA. His passion for the art form is unsurpased. His compassion as a human being is something to emulate.

    So many great players and great people get the "beat-down" and I don't understand it.

    Buddy was put down when I was in high school, Weckl was a target when he played in the Electric Band ("too perfect"). But when you get past the bad press and actually study what these guys are doing, you realize that they have so much to offer to the rest of us.

    If you don't want to play like someone, fine. You won't. But you've got to at least appreciate the years of devotion, heck the lifetimes that they've given to the art of drumming.

  2. #72
    Inactive Member CLWarunki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    1,475
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The (Drum)Master has spoken [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #73
    Inactive Member JoesMechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2005
    Posts
    575
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here here Andy. We'll put.

  4. #74
    Inactive Member Klemme's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2003
    Posts
    854
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well spoken Andy! love it! [img]cool.gif[/img]

    Most of the video's i've seen are pretty boring, but if he encourages alot of youngsters into taking drum and music seriously, i'm bending down in respect of his work. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  5. #75
    Inactive Member Dale Anne Brendon's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dom Famularo is a great drummer making his way in the music business... like all of us on the journey. When you judge others harshly, it says more about you being judgemental than about the person you are criticizing.
    Dom is the real deal... a great person who stands by his word and really goes out of his way to help people in a personal and genuine way... he takes time out of his busy and successful career to help people... I have been a recipient of his guidance and assistance, and he is THERE for me! My career has taken off by leaps and bounds because of HIM!
    I say hats off to anyone who has reached his level of success in the music business, and who has done so leaving leagues of inspired and positive people who want to improve themselves and the world in general. THAT to me is success. End of story.

  6. #76
    Inactive Member Henry II's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2005
    Posts
    696
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by JoesMechanic:
    Just watched the video Benrand posted of Dom.

    I've got to say that twirling/cymbal tapping thing he does is kinda weird.........

    Doesn't seem like his solo is based on musicality as much as it is just "blasting/phrasing". Please don't tear me to shreads on this, I really don't know Dom, his playing or his abilities within a band concept. But his playing just strikes me as weird.

    Now I just downloaded a Weather Report DVD from the 70's with Peter Erskine!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Holy Sheaat!!! Peter is a mofo monster!! Never really seen peter play either, but do I have a lot of new found respect for the guy!!! And Zawinul!!! Amazing comping/voicing. Now I know why guys like Steve Weingart love him so much.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe's, I had the privilege of seeing PE live with Steps Ahead (Michael Brecker, Eddy Gomez, Mike Mainieri, Elaine Elias), as the opening act for Herbie H. with VSOP (Ron Carter and Tony Williams), with Winton and Branford Marsalis. Best concert I've ever seen.

    BTW, Tony was amazing, and yet had nothing on PE.

  7. #77
    Inactive Member JoesMechanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2005
    Posts
    575
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Henry....

    I have alot of Steps and Steps ahead Cd's. Love them. I was just listening to "Steps in the pit" with Gadd today as a matter of fact. One of my favorite burning, Jazz/blowing CD's with none other than Michael Brecker on the sax. Just monumental playing on everyones part.

    This is actually an old posting from March of this year. Like I said, I never got to actually SEE Ersko play, but that DVD I downloaded of him with Weather Report!! WOWEE!! Nice!! A fiery Erskine within the context of abstract. I love abstract fuziod stuff, especially when it's performed live like that concert was. Truly amazing playing.

    Tony was in a different world regarding drums (aren't we all). I've got that VSOP gig on DVD also with Carter, the Marsalis Bros, and Tony. Another mind bending walk down the jazz idiom. Great great stuff. Again... one of my 1st experiences of having to actually SEE Tony play.

    Both bad mama jamas in thier own right

  8. #78
    Inactive Member JohnMunsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 10th, 2005
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    These guys are merely a bunch of boneheads that spend their time in forums putting down top drummers to feel better about themselves.

    If they were more well known as drummers, they wouldn't behave so immaturely.

  9. #79
    Inactive Member moosetication's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you people make a habit of walking into other folks' living rooms and pissing on the carpet?

  10. #80
    Inactive Member GoMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 30th, 2004
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HAHA seriously! Im getting pretty wierded out as well! WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •