Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Virgil Clinic video (40 min long)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah looks like I missed the boat on this one too [img]frown.gif[/img]

I agree that he has some serious grooves on the Hoekstra albums! Excellent stuff for sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ahhh!! I hate that I have the slowest connection in all of mankind. Wish I could see it. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] I've been buzzin' on Virgil for the past couple of weeks.

Yes Moose pick up the "Moon Is Falling" disc the second Joel Hoekstra release as PalmerLouie mentioned or the first REAL Planet X release, simply entitled Planet X. If you like GREAT prog rock in the classic 70's vein with a modern edge than it is a good one to get ahold of.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Hoekstra 'The Moon is Falling' disc is definitely one to get if you don't have it. It kinda showcases Virg's all-around capability not just blowing chops for chops sake. 'Universe' is really nice. I can't stop listening to the fill in 'Clonus' at around 3:04. I now have a heart murmur as a result. [img]eek.gif[/img] 'Her Animal' is a great play-along once you figure out the bridge section which is a bar of 9/16 a bar of 4/4 and a bar of 3/16.(isn't Google great?!) There are sections of the tune that are in 9. The first of these is 3 bars long, the second and third are 4 bars of 9. Sets up a cool tension. I could keep going but I won't.

Though he's not in the mix very well, DW's own Tom Kennedy plays bass on 'Universe' as well as sharing bass duties on the excellent 'Moonbabies' album with Jimmy Johnson and Billy Sheehan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234