Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This guy is great.Step aside chambers [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    I split a 21 minute clip and so this is the last 2 and a half minutes of the guy playing and soloing with his band. Awesome stuff. Great foot too, single pedal only.

http://s58.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...Q2OQQ824ITGVLH

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

oh yes a gospelchop cat....yeah his foot is smoking....video is downloading.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it's the same guy I'm thinking of - he is incredible, chops AND total musicality. Gospelchop's finest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn. That's the shit!

Thanks Rudy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man!! There was a gospel act at the Yamaha Groove Night that got a standing ovation. They had something like 20 singers on stage. All I can say about the "gospel" influence is, I think it's a must in anybodies influence and repetoir to become a fully "rounded" player. The infectious grooves dive deep into ones creative soul. Alot of these cats are just phenominal players. Nice find rudy!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

John,my man,if you dig the gospel thing and want some more,go to www.gospelchops.com,hit the 3shed" thumbnail and you're in for some great videoz of those amazing cats.
    You're right on about how talented those playaz are.I've done nothing but watching gospel videos those last few monthsand still want more.As you said,you have to study the gospel vibe nowadays if you wanna become a well-rounded drummer.Lots of deep pocket and chops to learn from them cats.
    I must say that Jeremy is one of the finest in that genre.His touch is so sweet,his pocket is huge,and he can pull off some crazy shit if he wants to.Not all gospodrummaz are like him tho'.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was great playing, thanks for posting it. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was simply a pleasure to watch. I really dig all of these gospel guys. If any one of them can be contacted, I really feel like they might be a great addition to the HOD community. Fantastic drumming!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What I love about some of these gospel guys is the things they say. I'm not a religious person, but when they talk about putting ego aside and serving god through the gift of drums, and other things like that, it really puts a new perspective on the whole drumming thing. You should check out the whole 20 min video to hear what he says. Also, there's a video I checked out where the guy hardly played anything but man, listen to what he says about how other drummers doing the fast chops thing gets old and boring. He approaches drums in a looser way, particularly for studio work. Really interesting stuff.

http://www.gospelchops.com/Demiyon%20Hall.wmv

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 23, 2006 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Rudy_Ment ]</font>

cjbdrm

Originally posted by JoesMechanic:
    All I can say about the "gospel" influence is, I think it's a must in anybodies influence and repetoir to become a fully "rounded" player.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't know...I would say yeah, check these guys' chops out, their creativity with the grooves, etc. but I wouldn't say it's a "must" to become a fully "rounded" player...

...unless you wanted to get "rounder" by eating pints of Ben & Jerry's because you're depressed because you have no gigs because you overplay...

...but apparently there's no such thing as overplaying in the Gospel world. They call it "being moved by the spirit"...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast