Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: peace!!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member sean b. tinio's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    158
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ive read helpmate is out of HOD..

    well hes right you guys, i think its better that we not argue on anger...

    its true everybody has there own opinions on something, but we should not let it blow out of proportions, instead, lets help each other in every way we can, may it be sharing information or education....

    i think argument "keeping in mind respect" is good and knowing that everyone has a right of expressing his own....

    i also think that "words" that disrespect each other should be avoided..

    like derek said, lets be civilized about things, were all drummer bros here... peace!

    i hope helpmate comes back..

    do you agree??...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member palmerlouie's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 18th, 2002
    Posts
    785
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    why.....where has he gone? why has he gone?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did he leave the forum as a result of people opinions about the war? If so that says more about him than us. What is the point of that? I personally am utterly against the war (don't worry, I'm not going to reiterate reasons here, as I have already done so on the main thread) but I still respect other peoples views.
    If someone leaves because they disagree with other peoples thoughts or the manner in which they articulate themselves, surely it's like a baby throwing his toys out the pram. Is he not able to take other peoples points on board, discuss them with the rest of the forum in an open and free-thinking debate without spitting out his dummy (-pacifier, I think you guys call it?!).
    Utterly ridiculous. Why do people get so offended at the slightest hint of confrontation or disagreement? It's called a DEBATE. That is the whole point of a forum. We all express different views about topics be it the war or who has the fastest feet, but for god's sake, lets be mature about it and not get into a huff when someone posts a reply that is contrary to our own thoughts.
    Maybe he will come back and grace us with his views, I hope he does. But do be sure that the next time he posts a message, to AGREE with every single word he says, or he might start crying again!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member beats's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2001
    Posts
    235
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im hoping he will come back.His last post was probably out of some type of unknown frustration about the thread.In fact his last post(bush is an idiot.....)was very true....................beats.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Derek DeFields's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2001
    Posts
    1,144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree about having to have a thick skin on the Internet.

    Having said that, there's NO excuse for being an asshole. (I know you're not disagreeing) Just because you're behind a keyboard doesn't mean your words won't have the impact of speaking to someone face to face.

    I don't know if anyone remembers this, but when you used to sign up for Usenet in the early 90's, there was actually a FAQ you had to read. #1 was (paraphrased) "remember that there are real people with real feelings at the other end of the wires."

    Good advice when on the net IMO. I'm not saying don't be strong in your opinion (I've been guilty of this) but it's best not to attack each other personally. If you want that, go to the newsgroups! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member helpmate's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 6th, 2002
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated. Actually, I didn't say I was leaving HOD, just that I wasn't posting again. But now my name has come up, so I better respond or forever hold my pacifier.

    My previous post speaks for itself. I 'left' because I saw the futility of the so-called debate. By arguing, we've given credibility to a purely divisive question. If one posted "How many think Chirac is a commie?" or "How many think the U.N. is spineless?", we would hear the same arguments.

    I appreciate the kind remarks on my behalf. But... let's stick to drumming, folks. OK, how many think Vinnie's the best?? I'm teasing of course, let's not go there (again). : )

    Dan

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jonthibault's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 6th, 2002
    Posts
    374
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    While we're on the subject,

    How many think Chirac is a commie?

    jk

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    While we're on the subject..... who thinks Vinnie is a commie?!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member McKenzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2003
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Lets take it even further than that, who thinks FUSE1 is a commie, I have been wondering about that guy lately.

    Just joking Fuse, trying to keep things light around here, which you do very well with your amazingly creative and humourous statements which at times I need a code-breaker to figure out. I am sure you will come back with a dandy reply.

    Digital

  10. #10
    Inactive Member FuseU1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2002
    Posts
    3,631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...At 1st i thought it was a typo & u were tryin to type a "comma"...
    No, i'm NOT in a coma...
    Wait - no - Cumbaya, m' lord...
    No Magna CUM laude frat here either [no lenin-GRAD]...
    & only OCCASIONALLY am i a bit "comely"...
    I don't even wear cammies anymore...
    I am a frikkin DRUMMIE, not a commie...[3:30 in da morn, ya know?]...when i drum, i try not to be a' Rushin', but as far as this topic, i tried Stallin' a bit.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 27, 2003 03:34 AM: Message edited by: FuseU1 ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •