Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Now i'm really trying to get my hand technique for doubles stroke rolls perfect, i was wondering- do the fingers pull the stick into the palm for the second stroke?? Or do the sticks just move by what the fingers are doing without hitting the palm??
    Thankyou

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you know, the way I do it (not nessasarily the best way obviously) I don't use fingers when playing doubles, its all wrist actually.
    The thing is, I'm able to play a clean double stroke roll with just my hands, no sticks. When I play them on drums, its similar though.
    It's a compound stroke really, just getting two distinct different strokes from one, very quick motion.
    When I practiced them at first years ago, I didnt practice the "double stroke", I practice the doubles strokeS. Two seperate strokes on each hand faster and faster and then my hands kind of developed the single motion to get the same amount of strokes. It started as seperate ones though.
    The final product has to be CLEAN though, I'm strict with that. No slop or buzz or messiness when playing the doubles.
    I talk about this at length in my video too.

------------------

webmaster,
    www.houseofdrumming.com

[Note: This message has been edited by Steve Holmes]