Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently obtained a magazine from the UK called 'Rhythm'. It's a great drum magazine. The November 2000 issue has Vinnie on the cover. In the article Vinnie talked briefly about recording the song 'City Nights' from Allan Holdsworth's 'Secrets' album. He says that he and bassist Jimmy Johnson recorded that song with basically scratch keyboard and a click in a couple of takes. He said one or two takes were par for every song on there. Anyone who is familiar with that album or Holdsworth's playing in general knows how demanding the music can be. I'm just amazed that much more, now, when I hear that CD. Pardon the 'trip'. Just sharing out loud.
    Clint

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember in a MD interview Vinnie did around Ten Summoners that he mentions "City Nights" as one of the tunes of his playing he likes. The drumming on there is just one of a kind. Agressive and tasty. One of those tunes where you laugh and go "What the fuck was that?"

------------------

webmaster,
    www.houseofdrumming.com

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That whole cd kicks ass! I epecially like Vinnie's playing on the tune "Spokes"!

Speaking of Vinnie w/Holdsworth,someone want to tell me what Vinnie was playing during the last part of his solo on the "Against the Clock" off of Wardenclyffe Tower? Only Vinnie could pull that off,let alone think of it to play!

------------------