Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi dudes,

Getting seriously sucked into vinnie land..... can anyone point me to any downloadable audio/video material on the net? I figure you guys are the best to ask. Coming from the UK not many drummers here i know are clued up on his stuff.

I would also appreciate anyones essential top 3 video and audio listings on vinnie material that can be purchased.

Forgive my humble grovellings.. who else am i going to ask!!!

Thank You

Phil

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

soul cages video by sting has vinnie on it.

there's 2 very short video clips of vinnie with bill evans (sax) at ...ah shit what was it....at...um...look in steve's archive oh wait...i think its www.cybergroove.com

steve has one thats a short clip.

also look in steve's archive because there are a few links to video streams....one is a singer...and one is a solo. although sick its not THE solo.

the zildjian day sampler has got a couple solo's including "THE solo" pop pop pop pop-pa ssss...pop-pa ssss ( thats my verbalisation of the conclusion of THE solo smile

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Thanx qwerty for some pointers.

I tried Steves 'whats new' archive and found a few nice things there..... Baked Potatoe/16min Vinnie solo/Tony Williams/Dave Weckl stuff. Its nice to see these little gems. Believe it or not, its the first time ive seen Weckl visually, boy can that guy rip, he's up there with Vin, just different approaches i think. The zildjian clinic 5 minute Vinnie thing on shitty player wont download, shame. I tried the Bill Evans thing but the passwords arnet getting accepted. Tonys drums sound quite beautiful... is that the sound of Gretsch then? awesome. The Omar stuff at cybergroove is tasty too, its such a shame videos on all of these dudes is so expensive in this country... up to ?40 each (65$), I know publishing companies have to make dough but, the average musician cant afford beans on toast... oh well.

Thanx again man.... groovy

Phil

------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

www.audiogalaxy.com

Alot of stuff there... I just dont know how to download that stuff... satelite or something.

You guys will be suprised when you write Vinnie Colaiuta or Dave Weckl there...

------------------