Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got my cd today!

You may remember the awesome tune on rodge's my space. Well its from this album by the band Chic Hot named Satyagraha

My favourite tracks were Satyagraha and Pymfao but of course all the tracks were awesome!

Rodge is just frickin awesome on this and the musicians he plays with are too. To put it in terms of another player, rodge has a lot of vinnie in him but he is explosive in a way that reminds me of gary novak.

But, hes definetely not a clone, with his own individual touch and he doesn't necesarily play the same licks as these playters, just conjures (sp?) the same kind of emotions. That lick at 2:37 of satyagraha is just soooo tasty.

You can check out the song at rodges my space: www.myspace.com/rodgebiwandu

I recommend you guys check it out! Its definetely awesome, beautiful music.

I got my cd at amazon marketplace for the surprisingly cheap cost of $1.85, the cd was brand new as well. Now the only other one available is 29 u.s. Def worth it anyway

Anyways, i'll try and keep searching for somewhere where you guys can pick it up if you want to. and btw rodge, if you know where please let everyone know!

btw it may be just me but i just found rodge on drummerworld:

http://www.drummerworld.com/wishlist...r_Biwandu.html

sorry if i am a bit slow

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 19, 2006 10:24 AM: Message edited by: S.P ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ January 19, 2006 10:28 AM: Message edited by: S.P ]</font></font>

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 19, 2006 10:32 AM: Message edited by: S.P ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Damn SP - I was going to get that exact copy a long time ago but the bastards would not ship to Canada. I now have a US address which comes in handy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Let me know if you find another copy for a decent price, Roger is deadly on that album!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hahaha sorry!

Why wouldnt they ship to canada?!?! They shipped to me in hong koing...thats strange.

Anyway, i've even been to lusaafrica website (the label) and they dont even have it available so we'll have to wait for rodge to let us know of somewhere!

It IS awesome though to say the least! I don't know how rodge is not world acclaimed, if he had more exposure! He's up there with the best in terms of playing and musicality

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on being on drummerworld rodge!
    Sick solo on satyagraha and awesome playing on pymfao. You have some very interesting ideas rodge that you spontaneously throw in, and you nail them all. Great work between hihat, bass drum and floor tom. Kit sounds really nice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Daniel, Lee and Chris,

I send you Guys a HUGE THANK YOU for your incredible support that you Guy are giving me since some time now.

You are really too kind with me.

Again thank you very much for your great support.

Peace.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After Manu Katche and Paco Sery one more french who have international recognition; Congrat Rodge [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your Welcome man, you deserve it!