-
November 12th, 2003, 12:18 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Im new to the board. Like a lot of people I have been viewing the board for a while. Great content!!!!!!!!!!!
-
November 12th, 2003, 02:18 AM
#2
Inactive Member
Hello DDrums and welcome on board the good ship HOD!
-
November 12th, 2003, 02:46 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Hey Dazzler
Went on vacation(holiday) to London last year and played at open mike night at Nothing But the Blues Bar in Soho. Great experience!!!!!!!!!!!
London rocks
-
November 12th, 2003, 02:57 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Welcome. Glad you could join in.
[img]cool.gif[/img]
-
November 12th, 2003, 02:58 AM
#5
Inactive Member
Funny - I've got a gig there in December. It's the smallest stage (if you can call it that!) that I've ever been on and the closest I've EVER been to an audience! After I just about got the teeny house kit set up, when I finally fitted the thin cymabal stand on, it was practically touching some poor guys head!
We were playing f*cking loud too! Don't know why he stayed for the whole gig sat where he was, he must not have slept for a week!! hehe!
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 12, 2003 06:06 AM: Message edited by: Dazzler ]</font>
-
November 12th, 2003, 04:51 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Welcome to the board fellow Florida-dweller! [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]
I went to that club a couple of times when I lived in London but never played there....cool place.
-
November 12th, 2003, 07:40 PM
#7
Inactive Member
Yes, welcome "FFD"...
There was a club like that in Siesta Key/Sarasota FL called the Beach Club, right off 41, if i rem correctly...the entire stage was really what should only have been called a 5 pc. kit "riser"...i actually burned the back of my L arm against a light can on it once in the very early '90's [ceiling was da** low too!].... [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] [stage was way smaller than the Potato's]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 12, 2003 03:42 PM: Message edited by: FuseU1 ]</font>
-
November 12th, 2003, 10:01 PM
#8
Inactive Member
'sappenin', DDrums? Always good to have some new blood and new opinions. Who're some of your favorites?
-
November 14th, 2003, 01:42 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Yeh I remember the stage and the "house kit" they had up there. bass drum, snare, one tom hihat and one stand for ride cymbal/crash..... damn internet connection, anyway lotta fun and met some interesting people. Some of my favorites are vinnie..of course, Gadd, Steve Smith, Gregg Bissonette, do enjoy the Weckl from time to time.
I find myself enjoying Jim Gordon's playing on some stuff.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks