Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys just wondering what you guys here think about this petition and of what has been said
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petition...showaussiefans

Please go and have a look and let me know . I personally dont see any harm in it I mean after all its only letting Darren know that he has heaps and heaps of fans out there that would love to see him live [img]smile.gif[/img] I dont see how this petition could harm his career etc..The person who started this is a friend of mine and she has been deeply hurt by what has been said to her from other fans she was just trying to do something to help us all out thats it ...
    Anyway what do you think??
    hugs
    Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Although it has nothing to do with me personally (seeing as I'm in the UK blah, blah, blah), I don't see the harm in wanting to do this. If it works in your favour then fine, and if not, well you haven't lost anything have you? [img]smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] at some of the sentiments being expressed by some people though! What a mean-spirited and very nasty lot they are. *shudders*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Twizzle:

What a mean-spirited and very nasty lot they are. *shudders*
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">and therein lies the true 'harm' I can no longer separate him from that or them! Every fan's feeling is valid and they have a right to be heard. I find the continued need for some ppl to defend him at every turn tiresome and I won't get into how it makes me feel about him.

I wish them luck with their petition, they cared enough to pursue it, they shouldn't be knocked because of that, they're disappointed a very understandable feeling imo. I find it strange that ppl who don't support it chose to comment..why?...if you don't support something don't sign it, it's that simple, well that's the way I always respond with petitions.

Sadly Dee I no longer care if he comes here or not but I do care that you guys care about it, if that makes sense.

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 07:44 AM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your replies guys and I know my friend will feel a bit better knowing that not all DH fans are against what she was simply trying to do [img]smile.gif[/img]
    So thanks for taking the time
    hugs
    Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BarbT:
    ...I find the continued need for some ppl to defend him at every turn tiresome and I won't get into how it makes me feel about him.

<font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And the outcome of this continual defense and downright mollycoddling of DH is that it makes him look like a complete tosser! [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] Poor sod!

btw Dee, did you post the link anywhere else? I ask b/c this board only has a few members (although we have tons of lurkers [img]wink.gif[/img] lol) so I'm not sure how much publicity this thread will garner for your friend's petition.

*eta* I've signed it for your friend b/c although it won't affect me one way or the other if he does any shows in Australia, I can see why his Aussie fans would want him to do more than just one. And if I were him, I'd keep my trap shut next time and only announce forthcoming tours as either a) possible ones or b) when they're definite and the ink is dry on the contract. That way, people won't get (as) disappointed will they? [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 08:35 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nothing wrong with it at all. As long as people are nice about things and dont start demanding I am fine with it. Its no real harm is it?

A list that I am on for Bon Jovi did the same kind of thing. Those girls and guys kicked ass literally when it came to that petition. They paid to have it on google. It got on to the today show page and they advertised it for us. Music max and sanity put it up for us all. Richard Wilkins of the today show bought it up when he did his interview with JBJ and Richie.

I mean NO they arent still touring here but they respected the fact that we gave it a darn good shot. Noone in the fanbase thought it was bad or anything. Everyone supported it and signed it as far as I could tell. Oh and it didnt harm or ruin their career either. They werent angry about it. I think they really knew how much it meant to us all. They even said " well see how that petition goes" It just wasnt the go this time around to come here.. but they were great about it.

so I say tell your friend to go for it. DH is an Aussie artist and as such damm straight people want him to tour here!! It sure as hell cant harm him to have people wanting him here can it? As for the screwed up units posting they dont support it on the petition.. well as Barb said if you dont support a petition you dont sign it. FFS a few of them need to back off as they are not DHs carers are they? I honestly think Spinner et al all need a dose of STFU!!

SHUT THE FUCK UP by Fast Bear

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Kattitude ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

rolling rolling rolling

What a great (and apt) smiley! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

btw - how the fuck can this petition 'harm his career'? [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] What utter nonsense!

*waves to all of our "guests"*

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dee,
    I'm so very sorry your friend feels hurt by what some others have said. I can feel my blood boiling all over again... I don't think there is anything wrong whatsoever with the petition and the way it was done. I think as you said, it's only showing that he the support of fans in his home country who want to see him and hope for more than one show on the BNI tour.. and how the hell could this "ruin" his career!? [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] bullshit! I suppose it would better if absolutely no one there gave a damn. I'm going to explode if I hear one person talk about "being grateful" or "I would just accept it if I was in that situation" The willingness of some fans to crucify other fans in order to "defend" Darren no matter what, makes me so sick to my stomach. I sware it's as if some feel that Darren's feelings are more important than their fellow fans, and that is just not right to me. Shouldn't they be equal? I am going to sign the petition in support and I love what Terry wrote.

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ April 28, 2006 10:12 PM: Message edited by: little bird ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also can't see the harm in it, or how it will hurt his career. What hurts his image is all the - you should be grateful rubbish and nastiness in a couple of the replies.
    Why be nasty, surely the whole point of a petition is that if you don't agree just don't sign.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Surprise surprise, the petition is now closed.. and the bitchiness continues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast