Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Darren Music coming

DarrensPassion

This is really exciting news! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Hopefully by putting out a Best of SG type album along with the new album will maximise Darren's promo chances with it. Did you notice that it says the new single is going to have a world wide release? Along with it being included on the SG Best of album, I think big things are going to be expected of this single [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Lainbrain

The think I think I'm most happy about is that it seems like Daniel and Darren have come to a good point here together. Cause its both of them thats needed to agree to this. *feels all mushy inside*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    This is really exciting news! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Hopefully by putting out a Best of SG type album along with the new album will maximise Darren's promo chances with it. Did you notice that it says the new single is going to have a world wide release? Along with it being included on the SG Best of album, I think big things are going to be expected of this single [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yep I agree Janie. I think they are going in with all guns blazing on this one. Trying to get maximun exposure and hopefully getting people to connect that Savage Garden lead singer is Darren Hayes solo.

I wonder how they will work it. The single goes to radio and is promoted as the new song on the greatest hits of Savage Garden and the new single off Darren Hayes solo upcoming album?? Or will they just use it for the Savage Garden greatest hits promotion and then another new single for the Solo release??

Kat

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ August 13, 2005 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Kattitude ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As i've said at Sony, great news and weird news lol

But poor Stine, how she got squashed *sigh* God forbid anyone imply that any career move Darren makes is calculated by either him or Sony. All those poor people in business school, with no idea they are in such a "negative" proffession! *s*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sunhawk:
    As i've said at Sony, great news and weird news lol

But poor Stine, how she got squashed *sigh* God forbid anyone imply that any career move Darren makes is calculated by either him or Sony. All those poor people in business school, with no idea they are in such a "negative" proffession! *s*
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL of course it is calculated.. they time these things for maximum esposure and money making opportunities. There is simply no point otherwise. Its a good idea by them for sure. Whether fans like the actual idea is up to them individually to decide.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whoa! That post over on the fcpb sure has had a lot of overnight pruning! [img]eek.gif[/img] lol

Mind you, I can't say that I blame them, seeing as how certain comments were definitely NOT justified. *is not alluding to Stine's ones btw - hers were fine imo*

So - new music eh? [img]cool.gif[/img] *is very happy about that and doesn't quite know why* [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didnt realise it was pruned lol. I thought it may get locked or deleted but then that would of taken away the news lol

Yeah I must admit I am quite looking forward to some new music.. it always makes life interesting and I like to see what he has to say.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

awaits the new music with anticipation

As for a SG Greatest Hits I sincerely hope they will have some previously unreleased SG songs on it (maybe some live performances), as well as DH new solo one otherwise this little bunny won't bother purchasing it. I do think it's a very clever and yes calculated marketing ploy, this is DH's 3rd venture into solodom (I know that's probably not a word but I hope you understand) so they'd want to go out all stops I think to give it every opportunity to work this time.

Can't be arsed going to the official site thanks for posting the message here. I tried to look at the site from the computer at the hospital twice but both times got freaked out at the loud audio assult...couldn't turn it off quick enough before everyone was staring [img]redface.gif[/img]

Yeah I feel somewhat blah about a GH album after only 2 albums which is why I want something new to make it worthwhile purchasing. I also think it's good to see a DH solo on it, more embracing of the past, would also be lovely to have a Daniel special piece of music on too, doesn't need lyrics it would speak for itself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by LainyD:
    The think I think I'm most happy about is that it seems like Daniel and Darren have come to a good point here together. Cause its both of them thats needed to agree to this. *feels all mushy inside*
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sorry to disappoint you, but they don't necessarily have to agree on anything with this 'best of' release :/ As the record company, Sony owns the recordings of their songs and can therefore release a 'best of' album without neither Daniel's nor Darren's consent [img]frown.gif[/img]

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ August 14, 2005 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Stine ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually Stine, I belive that Sony owns only the rights to distribution, but they don't own the music. When D and D signed on with them they did not turn over the ownership, just the rights to distribute. So the guys own their own material, which I suspect is why they were able to squash the idea of a GH packate earlier. They still have control over it. So the okay to go ahead with it now, did have to include both D and D [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ August 14, 2005 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Laurina ]</font>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast