Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the Cream Magazine website

http://www.creammagazine.com/issue31/features.asp

I posted the full interview/pics a while back, well probably quite some time back, lol.

DarrensPassion

Thanks Barb [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Barb. I do remember you posted it all before. But nice to have a quick read again

"I presumed that it would be met with resistance from the powers that be"

^^^^ see even he has powers that be LOL and calls them the dreaded word

Kat

Lainbrain

Thank you Barb, I missed that one. It was a very good read. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

DarrensPassion

Thanks to forever_darren_hayes over at the f/c for finding this extra bit at the back of that mag [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Four Agreements'
    from Darren Hayes

In 2002, Cream's editor-in-chief and Darren were chatting like two old school chums, until the interview moved towards the touchy topics of sex and sexuality. Fact was, back in 1996, having drinks with Darren's manager at a Sydney dance club, DCM, words were shared about Darren 'giving his ring back to his wife' to pursue a life of love that dare not speak its name. Sure, that was then, but when brought up in interview eight years later, the boy went absolutely bonkers. "I think it's disappointing," he said re: Cream bringing up the subject. "I'm gonna send you this book, 'The Four Agreements'" (a book about gossip and the 'impeccable' word). True to his word, Darren sent us the book all the way from the home of the original love-in, San Fransisco. We're still stuck on the bit that reads "Sin begins with rejection of yourself; self-rejection is the biggest sin that you commit." Anyway, thanks for the pretty book, Daz, and for this issue's interview.

Basically these 4 agreements are:

1. Be Impeccable With Your Words.

2. Don't Take Anything Personally.

3. Don't Make Assumptions.

4. Always Do Your Best.

Interesting eh? [img]wink.gif[/img]

Janie xx

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ March 11, 2005 11:56 AM: Message edited by: DarrensPassion ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]redface.gif[/img] shows you how well I read that issue

anyway here's the relevant page and Steen you'll notice the tiny bit about Placebo at the top

f4dcd88d

to read full size copy and paste following into browser minus the *

*http://www.imagestation.com/picture/....jpg.orig.jpg*

p.s. only leaving this here for a few days

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ March 11, 2005 08:48 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very Interesting Miss Janie!!!

sounds like a blurb for a novel.. "he left his marriage to pursue a love that dare not speak its name".. LOL how scandalous!!!

crikey he is a fiery person when it comes to whether he likes boys or girls.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

he is indeed Kat - ah you could speculate on so many levels here [img]wink.gif[/img]

Wonders just which manager had an attack of loose lips [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] and betrayed his confidence, something I believe he would feel VERY irate/hurt about considering how he guards his private life!

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ March 12, 2005 04:21 AM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by BarbT:
    he is indeed Kat - ah you could speculate on so many levels here [img]wink.gif[/img]

Wonders just which manager had an attack of loose lips [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] and betrayed his confidence, something I believe he would feel VERY irate/hurt about considering how he guards his private life!

<font color="#9966FF"><font size="1">[ March 12, 2005 04:21 AM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font></font>
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly Barb!!! Someone obviousely had a few too many drinks that night.

Kat

DarrensPassion

I seem to remember at the time that Leonie was the one coming under fire for mentioning something she shouldn't have done or at any rate the interviewer was trying to trick Darren into confessing something by trying to lay the blame on Leonie for that. I wonder if she was the person who Darren says he was disappointed in when he wrote the meaning of the songs on TTATS. The song in question is Hero and this is part of what he said in relation to it:

"Around the time of my last tour I remember being really disappointed in a friend of mine. At the same time I felt like the whole world was judging me. I came to realize how unfair it was of me to expect such perfection from those I loved - that it gave them no where to go but down in my opinion of them."

Aha found the original article from 2002! This is what was said in that final paragraph:

"Darren, we can keep this off the record if you like. I was having drinks once with your manager friend Leonie and she said you were ready to come out of the closet? D: You can print whatever you want. You can print my reaction. I don't care. But I think it's disappointing. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna get someone to send you this book (The Four Agreements a book about gossip and the impeccable word) and I'll get Leonie to phone you, probably right now. Bye."

It would sort of fit into the timescale of 2002.

Actually I feel a bit hypocritical discussing this here cos it feels like now I'm gossiping about him and that's not what I intended. Since it's all been printed and out in the open though I suppose it's fair to discuss it? I guess I'm just curious.

Janie xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast