Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

See I dont know about our customer service in relation to others really.

I know that the FC service is like alot of other customer service businesses here.. shonky and rude for sure.

I havent been to the US or Canada to compare. I know we do have that fairly laid back attitude and we are not known internationally for our customer service. I think when I was doing marketing it was bought up I think that the japananese were shocked at our standards in accomodation service.

The more I think about it.. yes theres so much rude service that occurs here. YOu cant get anyone barely to smile and be polite.

But sometimes I think its FC running mentality at work as well. Because I swear to god Backstage with JBJ works in conjunction with DHFC.. its almost identical in fans hierachy.. whos the privelaged is practically twin for twin. It has gone online with its fanzines and some outrageous price.. the reaction has been the same as the DH boards.. the agree brigade has snapped down anyone who dares to disagree.

So I am not sure.. I think they start out wanting this great environment for their artist and in wanting that they forget about pure discussions on music and debate about topics and how fans actually are in relation to their perception of how they should be. They are so focussed on it all looking and sounding good they end up alienating half the fanbase.

Kat

Lainbrain

You know Kat I'm kind of relieved that this goes on other places too. I would hate to think we are so unique [img]wink.gif[/img]

The difference with JBJ is that he is really much bigger than Darren. I'm interested to know if they have the same kind of conformity thats expected on the DH fan board and do those people that conform get the privileges?

After saying this I can remember going to other bands boards on Sony and finding the way they conducted themselves as appalling, they were mean and rude and very un welcoming of anyone new some couldn't even spell a word if there life depended on it. (like I should talk I'm the most horrid speller of all). I was happy the people at DH Sony were friendly and funny and welcoming.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kattitude:

I know that the FC service is like alot of other customer service businesses here.. shonky and rude for sure.
    Kat
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto the UK's track record re customer service. It's pretty shocking here too. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Lets face it, the f/c love and embrace their suck-up members and the suck-ups love the f/c and wont have a word said about it, which kind of makes me think that they must happily put up with crap service in real life too. It remains all warm and fuzzy in Barbieville. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by LainyB:
    You know Kat I'm kind of relieved that this goes on other places too. I would hate to think we are so unique [img]wink.gif[/img]

The difference with JBJ is that he is really much bigger than Darren. I'm interested to know if they have the same kind of conformity thats expected on the DH fan board and do those people that conform get the privileges?

After saying this I can remember going to other bands boards on Sony and finding the way they conducted themselves as appalling, they were mean and rude and very un welcoming of anyone new some couldn't even spell a word if there life depended on it. (like I should talk I'm the most horrid speller of all). I was happy the people at DH Sony were friendly and funny and welcoming.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh yeah there are definately lots of differing fan cultures out there. You are expected to conform to the norms of the group to fit in. I have come across many very unfriendly groups who have their own inbuilt rules that even newbies are suppose to know.

In regards to JBJ and Backstage yes its a much larger group than DH's online base. But yes it mirrors it in so many ways. The "privelaged" ones are definately the agree brigade. They are "friends" with Mrs B (Jons mum) on some level and as such can do no wrong. People who question are often cut down with the "if you dont like feck off" kind of attitude. Its very very similiar.

The Dry county board which is one of the most popular unofficial sites (and where I mostly go) lol is pretty much despised by alot of backstagers and they mostly hate backstagers. Dry county people tend to be more critical and not as "positive" therefore dont fit in at backstage.

Its DH world on a larger scale.

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Twizzle:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kattitude:

Kat
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ditto the UK's track record re customer service. It's pretty shocking here too. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Lets face it, the f/c love and embrace their suck-up members and the suck-ups love the f/c and wont have a word said about it, which kind of makes me think that they must happily put up with crap service in real life too. It remains all warm and fuzzy in Barbieville. [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well lets face it the sycophants validate that they are doing the right thing. These people tell them its perfect and they are all so extremely happy. Thus the fanclub thinks they must be on the right track and its only the extremists kicking up a fuss and its best to just ignore those kind of people.

Kat

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345