Thread: For the lazy among us

Lainbrain

That would really be me I can't believe I clicked around DHFC to find this. I thought I would save someone the time and effort. [img]wink.gif[/img]

December 21 2005

I can't believe it's Christmas time already. Well, I guess I can. It's deliciously cold
    and magical in London right now. Just like a movie.

Lots of time to sit and reflect on the year that's passed. I wanted to say, as 2005
    draws to a close, how grateful I am and how much a part of that feeling you all are
    to me.

2006 is going to be a beautiful year. I can feel it. Can you? I can't wait to see all
    of you face to face on a tour that will include more places than England, I can assure you.

I haven't played live in Australia for some years so you better believe the "Big Night In"
    tour is coming down under. More places and spaces to come.

But enough about me.

I really just wanted to say I can't wait to see you face to face and show you how much
    you mean to me. And to thank you for ten years of the best job in the world.

I hope wherever you are you get to spend time with people you love over this holiday
    season. And that your world is filled with light and love always.

Happy Christmas 2005.
    This moment will never be again.
    But it is, for a moment, ours.

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ December 21, 2005 11:29 PM: Message edited by: LainBrain ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Lain [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now didn't last year's christmas message say he was bringing the Dark Light Tour to Australia? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] Well time will tell, all in all a very nice message as usual.

I see the message has already made it's way to the accessallareas.com.au music website here in Australia.

I'm really slipping too, I forgot to watch the Video Hits presents Savage Garden this afternoon...ah well I really needed the nap more.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope that he keeps to his word this time and that fans other than UK ones do actually get the chance to see him. [img]smile.gif[/img]

A bit O/T but my friend says that the Evening Standard newspaper is really plugging this tour - the ads have been in just about every issue for these past couple of weeks. I haven't actually seen any of them as I don't get this particular paper but apparently they're big and 'in your face'!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope the tickets sell well then Terry. Did the Dark Light Tour sell out?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm really not sure Barb. I think that it may have sold out at some venues but, as I say, I can't be 100% sure about that.

Janie DP

Thanks for posting D's message here Lain [img]smile.gif[/img]

There have been ads for the tour in the Daily Mail too [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope he does tour in other countries too Barb [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lainbrain

Thats kewl that it's being promoted so much. I have to wonder if this is cause of the great sucesss of Savage Garden. But if it helps Darren get more notice then I'm all for it. I just wish there would of been better promotion before.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks Lain, lovely message from Darren as always [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL he needs to use JBJs "Lie" clause when he posts about tours.

I think this one might be bigger than the darklight as this one has the Savage Garden tag coming with it and they were always a huge hit.

But lets hope all those that want to get to see him play.

Kat