Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by *Ann*:
    Is this online anywhere yet? Would love to see it.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Me too - especially if its THAT version of BMSM! Thanks for the info Barb!

Sharon X

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sharon there is a link on the DH public board to Darren & Delta's performance.

At the beginning of the Max Session when Darren was travelling there in the car he said:

"I am in Australia to promote the best of Savage Garden which is I guess a representation of the last ten years of my life and I think for me in agreeing to be a part of this I wanted to close the chapter on Savage Garden in a really beautiful and respectful way"

Lain my initial reaction was disappointment tinged with 'what happened to the solo stuff' but after trawling the DH board I saw that Max didn't show all the songs he performed. I was especially hoping to see more acoustic performances of some of the TTATS songs minus Popular though (even though his voice was beautiful) [img]wink.gif[/img] However, he was here promoting TMC so I guess that's why more SG songs.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

"That" version of BMSM now up on Maggz's site. Yay!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much to everyone who has shared the files - Toby, Maggz, Jess, etc. I've just listened to BMSM - which absolutely rocked! - and the lovely duet of LWY with Delta. I didn't think his last version of that song could be improved, but they do sound great together, and yet again - that voice!

Goes off a happy girl to listen to the stunning Insatiable!

Thanks again

Sharon X

Janie DP

I'd just like to thank everyone, namely Toby, Maggz, Jess and Naffi for sharing all these files with us [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've now got the audio of this on my ipod and I've seen a few of the perfomances from those uploaded. It's a wonderful performance and I thought Darren's voice sounded amazing! Really have enjoyed listening to this and watching some of the performances very much indeed [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK so it's a new day, in fact Jan 12th. I decided to watch this again, well that's a lie because I found I ended up skipping most of the songs with the exception of Lost Without You and BMSM.

Why am I no longer captivated by his performances, good grief not even being able to watch a whole song? His voice is still for the most part amazing. Lost Without You was the 'purest' song he did (with Delta), just the piano and two exceptional voices.

For me the magic was spoilt by electronic gizmos in place of more real instruments and real backing singers, I found that competed with his voice, I couldn't hear them together, they were two separate sounds. At one point I could have thrown something at the tv to shut up the annoying noise coming from one of the keyboards, it completely distracted me from him singing....so I guess it's somewhat like I found TTATS.

So this was like the real end of an era. If this is now what's on offer and I would be continually distrated by what are to me, highly annoying electronic noises I won't go to see him again. I shall just cherish what I already have, the pure 'music' that was perfectly blended with his voice and spoke volumes.

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ January 12, 2006 07:17 AM: Message edited by: BarbaraT ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12