Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the public forum Tracey posted a thread about how a photographer who Darren had been working with had been inundated with emails from fans, and to please cease and desist.

That's embarressing. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

That's JUST the sort of behaviour which made me back off from the fan community. I didn't want to be tarred with that brush.

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 19, 2006 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Disco Biscuit ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

completly humilating. Some people have NO idea.

Some people have no pride and NO idea. WTF is wrong those sort of people???

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One of these days (maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for 20 years), I'm going get me the chance to have a yarn to Darren and say "Doesn't your fan base ever freak you out or embarress you? I mean, come on, they're a bowl of mixed nuts, dude..."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Shades of the Schooly (CapitalFM dj) debacle eh? [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img]

btw Amanda, wtf is a 'hose beast'? [img]tongue.gif[/img] *g* Is it a kiwi term of endearment. [img]wink.gif[/img] lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Disco Biscuit:
    One of these days (maybe not tomorrow, maybe not for 20 years), I'm going get me the chance to have a yarn to Darren and say "Doesn't your fan base ever freak you out or embarress you? I mean, come on, they're a bowl of mixed nuts, dude..."
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMFAO @that. Gawwd someone needs to reign them in for sure. There's a bunch of loose cannons prepared to do anything in the name of DH. It shameful indeed lol

Ahh Amanda you prolly so glad you dropped back in there to see nothing changes it just gets worse lol

I have cut myself off from the place completly it use to do my head in.

Kat

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 20, 2006 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Kattitude ]</font>

Janie DP

*sighs* unfortunately this type of behaviour tends to give <u>all</u> his fans a bad reputation. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes it does, which is a shame b/c there are still a few rational & normal fans out there. Unfortunately, it's the nutjobs that ppl tend to remember.

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ March 20, 2006 04:55 AM: Message edited by: Twizzle ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It just gets scarier, doesn't it! *sigh*

What's a hose beast!? [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hose Beast: From the Wayne's World term "She's a psycho hose beast!", referring to Wayne's nutty ex-girlfriend. A whack job who puts a downer on a situation.

Yes, there are some great people who are DH fans out there. Being a Darren Hayes fan at this point in history reminds me of what it was like to be an Abba fan in the 80s - ridiculed and shunned.

Yeah, I keep an eye on things from time to time. I'm more interested in the music - I don't need all the bumpf that comes with being involved in the on line community. To those way too involved to come up for air every now and then, if you're not "involved", you're not any sort of real fan.

Hey, I'd rather present myself as an interesting and well rounded person to have a chat with Darren, rather than part of the squealy brigade. But unfortunately the squealy brigade get all the attention because if you don't pander to them, they'll take you down. It's scary.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i'm not particularly appalled but more confused really. What were they emailing the photographer about? Asking about Darren? Complimenting the photos? Demanding his phone number? LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast