Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.darrenhayes.com/dh/forums...ad.php?t=20562

at this complete turn around from someone who fiercely protected (together with his official representatives) anything to do with his private life.

Interesting reading.

Janie if you'd like a copy of this mag send me a pm.

<font color="#1175B5" size="1">[ November 02, 2006 10:43 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

Janie DP

So much has changed in his world. I can understand him not wanting to talk about the personal side of his life until he was sure about it. He admits that he previously hadn't realised his own sexuality and was still coming to terms with it back then. It says a lot that he now feels totally cmfortable in his own skin and proud of his relationship with Richard. I guess when you're in love you're not afraid to admit it and want to tell the world how happy you are.

I also think that when you're very unhappy, depressed even, it's sometimes almost impossible to talk about your feelings, even to those closest to you, let alone the press and fans in Darren's case. He needed the space and time to work these things out and the therapy he received has defintely helped him.

As for the TCFC DVD, Darren has said that his record company Sony were very much against this ever seeing the light of day because of the content of it, so that's probably the main reason why it took so long to be released. It shows Darren being very honest and showing all sides of his personality. Since he left Sony, the relief has been palpable on his part. I think he just wants his fans to know the truth of everything that happened in the past.

I don't think he ever came across as hypocritical, just protective of himself and his loved ones until he felt ready to talk about things. I think when you've been through so much, it literally can take years to come to terms with your past and to feel able to open up to people. He probably thought it just wasn't the right time or appropriate to talk about certain things back then.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quite an interesting read.

Thanks for the link Barb. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Janie DP:
    As for the TCFC DVD, Darren has said that his record company Sony were very much against this ever seeing the light of day because of the content of it, so that's probably the main reason why it took so long to be released. It shows Darren being very honest and showing all sides of his personality. Since he left Sony, the relief has been palpable on his part. I think he just wants his fans to know the truth of everything that happened in the past.
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gah. I'm really regretting not buying this DVD now.

Oh well *sigh*

I guess I'll get the regular version when it comes out...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by *Ann*:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Janie DP:
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Gah. I'm really regretting not buying this DVD now.

Oh well *sigh*

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My understanding is that the regular DVD is the same DVD as the special edition, just that the special edition came with a special package that included a book and an edition number [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for pointing it out Barb, i'd forgotten to read it! LOL

Definitely a super interesting read and i agree with Janie that i can completely understand his reluctance to talk about his life before he had figured out what his life was about exactly! If you aren't comfortable or sure, it'd be so easy to accidently misrepresent yourself and it'd be such a pain in the ass to try to sort it out later *chuckle*

Janie DP

Originally posted by sunhawk:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by *Ann*:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Janie DP:

Oh well *sigh*

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My understanding is that the regular DVD is the same DVD as the special edition, just that the special edition came with a special package that included a book and an edition number [img]smile.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's right Steen [img]smile.gif[/img] And if you missed Darren's My Space Bulletin on 2nd November, they are working on PAL region free editions of both the TCFC DVD and the Big Night In DVD [img]smile.gif[/img]

"I have great news re my LIVE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE DVD
    'A Big Night In With Darren Hayes'

Village Roadshow, in their infinite wisdom have decided to make this disc REGION FREE PAL.
    Which means it will play virtually everywhere in the world. Thank God!

I've had lots of emails from North America, Asia, the U.K and Europe asking about
    compatibility and all sorts of techie questions and now I'm happy to have the answers.

Expect to be able to find in at HMV.COM.AU or SANITY.COM.AU
    Release date December 1st

What is it?
    It's my 'Big Night In' tour, desgined by Willie Williams (u2)
    A best of show with a twist..recorded at the Sydney Opera House earlier this year.
    Filmed in stunning High Definition and mixed in digital 5.1 surround.
    It's a 2 disc set with a host of special features including all of the projected
    visuals created for the show, a behind the scenes featurette and a special
    outtake.
    Region Free. PAL format.

We ARE working on a REGION FREE version of my documentary 'Too Close For Comfort'
    to be sold online early next year as well.

Thanks for all the interest! It's actually quite overwhelming."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Janie DP:
    That's right Steen [img]smile.gif[/img] And if you missed Darren's My Space Bulletin on 2nd November, they are working on PAL region free editions of both the TCFC DVD and the Big Night In DVD [img]smile.gif[/img]

"I have great news re my LIVE AT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE DVD
    'A Big Night In With Darren Hayes'

Village Roadshow, in their infinite wisdom have decided to make this disc REGION FREE PAL.
    Which means it will play virtually everywhere in the world. Thank God!

I've had lots of emails from North America, Asia, the U.K and Europe asking about
    compatibility and all sorts of techie questions and now I'm happy to have the answers.

Expect to be able to find in at HMV.COM.AU or SANITY.COM.AU
    Release date December 1st

What is it?
    It's my 'Big Night In' tour, desgined by Willie Williams (u2)
    A best of show with a twist..recorded at the Sydney Opera House earlier this year.
    Filmed in stunning High Definition and mixed in digital 5.1 surround.
    It's a 2 disc set with a host of special features including all of the projected
    visuals created for the show, a behind the scenes featurette and a special
    outtake.
    Region Free. PAL format.

We ARE working on a REGION FREE version of my documentary 'Too Close For Comfort'
    to be sold online early next year as well.

Thanks for all the interest! It's actually quite overwhelming."
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Region-free PAL format. So close and yet so far are those of us in North America! LOL Maybe i'll luck out and there will be some sort of Tawain version i can get that's NTSC! That's what i did with TMC's special DVD edition *G*