Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: cloudy issues

Disco Biscuit

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    and perhaps the *sensible* ones post less and less now because they can't be bothered.</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean, sure I've been guilty of starting the odd "no-brainer" thread. But perhaps it was because I needed a different conversation? But yeah, I find it harder and harder to find something interesting to discuss. I don't think it's because "opinions aren't encouraged"...it's more the silliness is rampant. And maybe that's a good thing...a no-brainer place to go to chill.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    I think it's important to know who is doing what because taking this along a whole different road now, who has access to the information provided when joining up (and I don't just mean user names/passwords, I mean information that identifies you and where you live etc)....well you can wonder that about almost all sites on the internet can't you?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure if I follow you there? Do you mean what the FC is doing with personal information?

A

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

........ if someone is openly and publically banning people, then they're not "invisible" or even unofficial. *shrugs*

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ June 05, 2003 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Dyan ]</font>

Disco Biscuit

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dyan:
    If someone is openly and publically banning people, then they're not "invisible" or even unofficial. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there an obligation tho by the FC to say who was banned or give reasons?

Personally, I don't think I've seen any "unofficial" mods. Perhaps there are certain people who only know how to operate certain technologies, so it looks like them "personally" doing things?

A

BarbT

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Disco Biscuit:

I think it's important to know who is doing what because taking this along a whole different road now, who has access to the information provided when joining up (and I don't just mean user names/passwords, I mean information that identifies you and where you live etc)....well you can wonder that about almost all sites on the internet can't you?
    Not sure if I follow you there? Do you mean what the FC is doing with personal information?

</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

I mean everywhere we join Amanda! We supply private info to join any messageboards etc...who ends up having access to that info? Moderators, site administrators etc. Or do they just get a list of names/user names...don't know, just thinking out loud here.

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ June 05, 2003 08:37 PM: Message edited by: BarbT ]</font>

Disco Biscuit

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BarbT:
    I mean everywhere we join Amanda! We supply private info to join any messageboards etc...who ends up having access to that info? Moderators, site administrators etc.[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that was privacy provisions are for? Or am I just being naive?

BarbT

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Disco Biscuit:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dyan:
    If someone is openly and publically banning people, then they're not "invisible" or even unofficial. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is there an obligation tho by the FC to say who was banned or give reasons?

Personally, I don't think I've seen any "unofficial" mods. Perhaps there are certain people who only know how to operate certain technologies, so it looks like them "personally" doing things?

A

No obligation...that's between the person banned and the organisation that banned them. In fact most organisations state that no correspondence will be entered into.

However, I believe it's courteous to all members to be upfront about who has *official* privileges!

BarbT

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#000000"><font size=2 face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by BarbT:
    I mean everywhere we join Amanda! We supply private info to join any messageboards etc...who ends up having access to that info? Moderators, site administrators etc.

Isn't that was privacy provisions are for? Or am I just being naive?[/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I guess I'm the one being naive because while info won't be shared outside, how many ppl inside have access?

Time to go and do my housework I think, before I lose the plot here. I know what I mean, sorry if it's not clear to others......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

However, I believe it's courteous to all members to be upfront about who has *official* privileges![/QB]</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is it, isn't it? No one really knows that. I think, whenever there is a place such as a Message Board or chatroom, no matter where it is; it is important that everyone understands who is responsible for what, who has what roles and what the guidelines are.

<font color="#9966FF" size="1">[ June 05, 2003 09:54 PM: Message edited by: Laurina ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh Steen! The cartoon comes from a scan that Twitch did. I suspect it is okay to share, giving the credit to her.

Lainbrain

Gawd I'm sure he would be laughing his ass right off if he had the time or inclination to read.

He probably wouldn't read to much of it because its so damn boring.
    He would be over here reading our shit [img]wink.gif[/img]

I have such a potty mouth tonight sorry

Lainy