Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well I'm back..............

DarrensPassion

just about in one piece! Oh dear sorry to have to tell you guys that this holiday was not one to remember [img]frown.gif[/img] The weather was cold, wet and windy the entire week we were away. I managed to succumb to a very nasty chest infection and I'm still coughing and wheezing now. I spent most of my birthday in bed [img]frown.gif[/img]

The villa was lovely but I never manged to once get in the pool or sunbathe because of the atrocious weather. We had an electrical storm one night that put the power out! We had to cancel my birthday meal at this restaurant we were going to because I felt so ill. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

The nadir of bad things happening finally happened the day before we were due to fly home when Alan fell down the stairs outside at the villa and hurt his back. He was in such agony that I had to call a doctor to give him an emergency pain killing injection. He's still in agony now. Alan's sister also slipped and fell and hurt her arm and back too. This was because there was so much rain that the tiles were like a skating rink and incredibly slippery. I really thought at one point that Alan had done himself a permanent injury. Er the less said about his sister, the better as far as I'm concerned. All I'm going to say is that she did not help things on this holiday and the words, selfish and sponger spring to mind.

I am sure I will be laughing about all this one day and it had all the ingredients of one of those farces where everything that could go wrong, will go wrong. The saving grace of this holiday were my kids who still managed to make us all laugh even though they were having a distinctly less than fun time.

*stifles manaical laughter and goes to get another hot toddy for her chest*

I hope Terry's had a very much better time than I've had.

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    just about in one piece! Oh dear sorry to have to tell you guys that this holiday was not one to remember [img]frown.gif[/img] The weather was cold, wet and windy the entire week we were away. I managed to succumb to a very nasty chest infection and I'm still coughing and wheezing now. I spent most of my birthday in bed [img]frown.gif[/img]

The villa was lovely but I never manged to once get in the pool or sunbathe because of the atrocious weather. We had an electrical storm one night that put the power out! We had to cancel my birthday meal at this restaurant we were going to because I felt so ill. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

The nadir of bad things happening finally happened the day before we were due to fly home when Alan fell down the stairs outside at the villa and hurt his back. He was in such agony that I had to call a doctor to give him an emergency pain killing injection. He's still in agony now. Alan's sister also slipped and fell and hurt her arm and back too. This was because there was so much rain that the tiles were like a skating rink and incredibly slippery. I really thought at one point that Alan had done himself a permanent injury. Er the less said about his sister, the better as far as I'm concerned. All I'm going to say is that she did not help things on this holiday and the words, selfish and sponger spring to mind.

I am sure I will be laughing about all this one day and it had all the ingredients of one of those farces where everything that could go wrong, will go wrong. The saving grace of this holiday were my kids who still managed to make us all laugh even though they were having a distinctly less than fun time.

*stifles manaical laughter and goes to get another hot toddy for her chest*

I hope Terry's had a very much better time than I've had.

Janie xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Geez Janie that doesnt sound good at all!!!! Holiday from Hell is all one can say. Where did you go again????

soooo happy to have ya back with us.. now go catch up on the goss!!!

Kat

DarrensPassion

Kat we were staying near Nerja in Andalucia, southern Spain and I've been there at least 4-5 times before at this time of the year and we've always had wonderful weather before. It seems that this year, the weather has gone way freaky everywhere in Europe, with ragingly hot summers and now this. It's pretty cold here in the UK here atm too [img]wink.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    Kat we were staying near Nerja in Andalucia, southern Spain and I've been there at least 4-5 times before at this time of the year and we've always had wonderful weather before. It seems that this year, the weather has gone way freaky everywhere in Europe, with ragingly hot summers and now this. It's pretty cold here in the UK here atm too [img]wink.gif[/img]

Janie xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Such a shame it wasnt a great trip.. damm weather!! Glad you made it home.. your probably glad to be home.

My sister and her bf are planning a trip to Mauritius as we speak. I thought that was where you might of been. So I was relating horror stories to them mwahahaha

Kat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh Janie, how awful, it sounds like the holiday from hell matey. As you say though one day you'll probably be able to laugh at it all.

Hope the hot toddies are helping your chest infection and that Alan's back is better soon.

Poor you, it's good to have you back though. Have missed you over at the FC

Joyce

xx

DarrensPassion

Kat, Alan and I did go to Mauritius in September and that holiday was indeed a trip to Paradise [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm just peed off that my kids didn't get to have a particularly enjoyable family holiday.

Joyce, thanks hun and I'm just catching up on all the news and posts everywhere [img]wink.gif[/img]

Janie xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good to have you back, Janie [img]smile.gif[/img] sorry your holiday was so awful though and have you been to the Doc since you got home?

*will call you soon and fill you in on some things*

Michelle

xx

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww Janie i am soo sorry it didnt work out. You were soo excited too. I hope Alan and his back get better and i hope your chest gets better too

[img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img]

Maybe a [img]graemlins/phone.gif[/img] will help u feel better?

LOL

BarbT

Showers Janie with HUGS!!! It does indeed sound like the holiday from hell [img]frown.gif[/img]

Wishes both you and Alan a speedy recovery!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh no Janie [img]frown.gif[/img] I'm so sorry your holiday turned out like that [img]frown.gif[/img]

It is lovely to have you back though. I just wish you were able to share happier stories from your trip.

((((HUGS)))) [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast