Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I've been a Runaways fan since seeing their first London show in 1976. I saw them 4 times in all, twice with Jackie and twice with Vicki.
    My question is: did anyone see them during the brief era with Laurie McAllister at the end of 1978? If so, I'd love to hear any memories of the band's performances and whether there were significant differences in comparison to previous line-ups. In view of the traumas concerning the recording of 'And Now The Runaways', it's easy to imagine that the band was well on the way to disintegrating at this time, but it would be nice to think that they went out with some good performances. The fan club newsletter reprinted on this site says that the final show on new year's eve was attended by 15,000 people! Does anyone know what the set list was at this time and whether they were playing songs from 'And Now The Runaways'?
    I'm also puzzled about the November 1978 London date in shown on the Timeline - if it happened, I somehow never heard of it at the time!

<font color="#ff00ff" size="1">[ December 02, 2004 08:23 AM: Message edited by: AdrianW ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Welcome to The Runaways Board Adrian!
    Good questions. I too would like to hear some
    good answers, if anyone has them.

I wish I could say I had seen The Runaways back in the day! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
    You are so lucky!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, I can't help with any answers either. I never got to see The Runaways live because I didn't discover them until 1986.

As for the Timeline, if you have any firm facts or details about dates and events, send them to the webmaster.