Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Previously unreleased Runaways recordings?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by EnchantedGrinch:
    Most fo the unreleased stuff is still property of Mercury (Universal) records. As far as I know, there are no plans to release them.
    Since the band does not get paid for bootlegs, most are pulled off e bay by Blackheart.
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">It would be really cool if the band could come to some sort of agreement to release some of the bootlegs 'semi-officially' (i.e. with the royalties getting paid directly to the songwriters) on small, independent labels. The Sex Pistols did this in the early 80's with a series of (previously heavily booted) demos and live recordings as a way of earning a living when the band was having legal problems with management and basically not getting their fair cut of the money from the record sales. Would also completely cut out the jerks charging stupid prices for this stuff and ripping off the fans...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently aquired copies of 4 songs from the Cleveland ( Agora Theatre ) Show... very good quality for live perfomances, and bootlegs at that.

I would love to get the entire recording! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just got ahold of 'Cherry Bomb Live 1976-78'.

I wish that I hadn't wasted my money. [img]mad.gif[/img]

The sound quality is terrible (even for a live bootleg) - it sounds as though it was transferred to vinyl from a tape that was recorded from vinyl. Side one features highlights from a Cherie-era Cleveland gig (starting in the middle of a song, for some reason). Side two is from an unspecified Jett-era gig (which is much worse in terms of audability). Both have big gaps between the songs.

I have no idea why someone bothered putting this out (it's a recent boot) when there are several complete gigs doing the rounds that deserve to see the light of day again in unedited form...

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ March 12, 2006 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Dav - snotty punk from England ]</font>

Inactive Member hawkeye_pierce_mf's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is one of the issues that several of the band members have with the "Bootleg issue" it's sad when you put out good money to help a bootlegger pay bills, and you end up with **** .
    Maybe one day, everything that is fit to be on CD and issued legally will be, we all just have to wait!

Hawk.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Le Hawkeye:
    This is one of the issues that several of the band members have with the "Bootleg issue" it's sad when you put out good money to help a bootlegger pay bills, and you end up with **** .
    Maybe one day, everything that is fit to be on CD and issued legally will be, we all just have to wait!

Hawk.
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">It would be really cool if the band were to release some of their live recordings as free downloads on this site and cut the bootleggers out of the equation altogether. I won't hold my breath though... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12