Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flaming Schoolgirls to be reissued on CD too!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got my copy of Flaming Schoolgirls and wanted to thank Cherry Red Records again for finally releasing Waitin' For The Night and Flaming Schoolgirls on CD! Thank you very much. Flaming Schoolgirls has been reissued in the same pattern as the previous four reissues with a picture disc, picture tray and fold out liner notes. The booklet doesn't fold out as large, but there is still room for Michael Heatley and Sally O-J's band summaries and a few new live shots of the band.The two songs left off the Live In Japan album, leave me hoping that some day we will see that concert footage released on DVD in its entirety. [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] A must have for any fan to complete your Runaways collection.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Flaming Schoolgirls gets a news mention.

The Observer OMM OMM Reissues
    Runaways: Flaming school girls (Cherry red)
    Trashy gems from Kim Fowley's precocious girl rockers and self-titled 'queens of noise' who fostered Riot Grrrl godmother Joan Jett and metal pinup Lita Ford.
    <font size="2" face="Arial,Helvetica">http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/r...241100,00.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

GOOD to hear! Tho I have EVERYTHING the girls did on vinyl. Its great to know I can now pop um in my car & go!! "Neon Angel on the Road to Ruin"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Based on page 4 of Cherry Red's August '04 news letter, I went searching for the UK magazine Uncut. In the August 2004 issue (The Cure cover) page 107 has a brief review of Flaming Schoolgirls. The reviewer Rob Hughs gives it three stars.
    http://www.cherryred.co.uk/crzone/newletters/index.htm

Uncut's website already shows the September 2004 issue, but you still might be able to find the August issue at bookstores like Barnes and Noble because UK magazines generally lag a little here in the States.
    http://www.uncut.net/#

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All Music Guide has a review of Flaming Schoolgirls.

Revie w by Al Campbell
    Flaming Schoolgirls is a disc that all fans of the Runaways will want. Reissued on the Cherry Red label for the first time on CD, unreleased material from the Queens of Noise sessions is combined with four leftover tracks from the 1977 Live in Japan album. This is the classic Runaways lineup of Lita Ford, Joan Jett, Cherie Currie, Jackie Fox, and Sandy West, with producer/Svengali Kim Fowley at the helm for the majority of tracks. Highlights include the sensitive Beatles tributes "Strawberry Fields" and "Here Comes the Sun" along with raunchy anthems like "Blackmail," "I Love Playin' With Fire," and "Hollywood Cruisin'," a song that captures the epitome of the band's round-the-clock partying bravado more than any other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12