Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

hi from Downunder! r there any other oz fans out there? Love this site, anything runaways is cherished. I've been a fan since '76 (I was 10!!), and those girls made me wanna learn guitar, become a songwriter and then sing in bands, which I've done since 19 and only just given it away, so I'm forever grateful to them for the inspiration to become a rock chick - best years of my life! Keep the stuff comin', we really appreciate it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Relish,
    I'm from Sydney, Australia.(see my previous post regarding Japanese footage) I have only just given it away myself recently. I used to play guitar for Sydney glam metal band "DIZZY DOLLZ" in the early 90's and we did bitchin' covers of "Queens Of Noise" and "American Nights". Hope to hear a lot more from you soon!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We love giving it to you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hi yourself glenn!
    I'm in melbourne! Til a couple of years ago I had a band called Bellicose which had a few singles flogged on jjj - one of which maybe you heard, called Candlestick??!
    As usual, we signed to a major label and after spending megabucks on us (album ready to release etc)they crushed us totally and utterly, and that was it for me, my heart was broke! And my bank account.....sob
    Now, I am happy to just relax and enjoy other people's music, with a bit of songwriting and recording thrown in for pleasure!

So good to know other fans of the girls are out there in OZ, I don;t know how old you are, but when I first saw Cherry Bomb on countdown I was hooked and they were like cool older sisters doing their thing, it really changed my way of looking at music and being a girl in music.

My neice is living in japan at the moment, I have her scouting anything to do with the runaways for me. Hope she brings back something cool. I'd be happy with the first two albums on cd (if they were released anywhere, it'd be there!) I'll let you know what she brings me back (in about 2 mths).
    c ya
    relish

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi relish, the first CD is available in the states just surf the net. I was able to get a nice reissue of Live in japan and "and now the runaways". I have not come across queens of noise or waiting for the night.

Senior Hostboard Member gus danger's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Hi Chrys, Relish, Glenn Read and charlie c
    A.K.A. My fellow Runaways fans [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]
    Gus Danger here from Arizona!
    Hopefully this place will be hopping in short order!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope so too! Check out the latest edition of Goldmine at goldminemag.com. The Runaways are part of the 25 Worthy Cover Songs feature!

Inactive Member hawkeye_pierce_mf's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Hey there,this is Hawkeye here, and I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone for registering and adding to our boards and the site, Im currently editing some *new* ( ok, old, but not heard in FOREVER) Audio interviews with the girls! Yeah!!!!
    The rest OF Miss Sandy's interview will be up soon as well as, gee, perhaps a VIDEO interview with her as well! We are sorry for the Hold Up on Cherie's video view, that's due to scheduling conflicts, As you all know Chrys ( aka Honeycutt for you M.A.S.H. fans out there) is working her cute little butt off adding all the stuff I send her, but it takes time! I also want to thank our GREAT and AWESOME contributors!: Dino Everett, "Anonymous", Rice Woman, Tom Gold, Niva Brigas, Omid, Bob Mandoki, AND OF COURSE, THE GIRLS!!!!! a big shout out to Charlotte for all the help with the Phone stuff, and TO EVERYONE that has sent in a quote for the legacy page, remember everyone, PLEASE check out there websites located under the quotes, you might be surprised by the GREAT rock and roll you find there! THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE GREAT FEEDBACK! I read em all ya know!
    Ok, back to the swamp for a Martini!
    Hawkeye, Admin, Therunaways.com