Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I had heard a while back that Sandy was going to be recording a 'full-length' album. Has anyone else heard any news on that??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gary, I haven't heard anything. It seemed like some of the websites with Runaways news I always check out used to update alot more regularly. Now I wish there were a way to find out what's going on, if anything. It's kind of frustrating, being that i'm in NYC and Sandy and Cherie seem to be out and about more in California, (obviously as it's their home) and i'd love to go see them. I hope new news comes about soon.

Alma, RUN DON'T WALK to Amazon dot com and check out Betty Blowtorch's "Are You Man Enough" CD. It ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! Really, you won't be dissapointed. They're a cross between Runaways, L7, Kiss and AC/DC. I really dig them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gary, I haven't heard anything. It seemed like some of the websites with Runaways news I always check out used to update alot more regularly. Now I wish there were a way to find out what's going on, if anything. It's kind of frustrating, being that i'm in NYC and Sandy and Cherie seem to be out and about more in California, (obviously as it's their home) and i'd love to go see them. I hope new news comes about soon.

Alma, RUN DON'T WALK to Amazon dot com and check out Betty Blowtorch's "Are You Man Enough" CD. It ROCKS!!!!!!!!!! Really, you won't be dissapointed. They're a cross between Runaways, L7, Kiss and AC/DC. I really dig them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I defintely will check out the cd...

Here's an update for everyone...

I found this on the CC message boards.

Cherie will be performing this friday july 2nd at Spaceland in Silverlake California with Texas Terri. More info either at Cheries Message board or at www.texasterri.com

I will definately be there !!! [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man... this accident is news to me. Just discovered this board today and I'm learning all kindsa new things (like Sandy's connection to the Crowd... that rules! I love the Crowd! Great overlooked band). Well at least it sounds like she's making a strong recovery. She's never been an overlooked drummer from where I stand. Sandy's right up there with powerhouse drummers like Paul Cook and Topper Headon as far as I'm concerned. She hits those skins hard and steady and it really put a trademark on the Runaways sound. One of my favorite drummers ever. Sandy, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to see you rockin' again soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I gotta say, yesterday I was listening to "Fantasies" off "Waitin' for the Night" and MAN, does she ROCK. What a talented musician, she still blows me away. I can't imagine how good she must be NOW, after all these years of drumming. I know we'll all get to hear her again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone have info on this accident? How long ago it happened,how bad she was hurt? [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone need a car? [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img] Here's your chance to get one with a Sandy West signature!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2484027552

SCHEMESofNEON

...of Joan Jett and The Runaways...??? [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    not to start anything , BUT....wasn't there four other band members /plus Vicki? dosen't "THE" refer to more then one ?
    kinda [img]cool.gif[/img] except for the high mileage, although I would never buy a car through eaby, just my thinking [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the person selling the car was a music reviewer working for a magazine or newspaper you could start something. You would expect them to do their homework and know who all was in the band. It appears it is just someone trying to sell a car, so I would cut them some slack if they don't mention ALL the people that were in the band: Sandy West, Joan Jett, Micki Steele, Lita Ford, Cherie Currie, Peggy Foster, Jackie Fox, Vicki Blue and Laurie McAlister. All of them were Runaways at one time or another.
    [img]graemlins/car.gif[/img]
    I know two people that have purchased three vehicles through eBay and they are very happy with their purchases. I've even successfully sold a motorcycle through eBay. Different strokes for different folks.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast