Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey is any one going to the slo show? if so let me know. me and the wife are going early to drink some beers somewhere before the show. if any one wants to join, let me know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey ever heard of SLO kickboxing?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

no what is it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So did anyone go tonight? My last client of the day cancelled, so my son and I drove as fast as we could to make it, and got there right as the first chords were played. It was a great show, and from what the guys were saying, it was the most "punk" crowd they'd seen in a long time. The pit covered most of the floor. We sat up in the bleachers backstage and watched from there, and it looked like a giant whirlpool, with bodies floating on top. The coolest thing was Mike's oldest son and all his buddies were body surfing, they had a great time. His younger son was working the lights all night and had a blast. After the show, there was a wide assortment of articles of clothing on the floor, could end up being quite a fundraiser for the school ... he he he, though most of the shoes were unpaired. At any rate, I got to see my honey, though it was not long enough as I had to get myself and the kid home for school and work, and he had to get back on the bus to head to San Diego. Sunday is right around the corner and I"m really looking forward to it. Let me know if anyone is going to Pomona, I'd love to meet any of you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

relatively famous kickboxing gym, a couple guys that fight in the UFC train there

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like a great show. San Diego TONIGHT!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by geekgirlxx:
    So did anyone go tonight? My last client of the day cancelled, so my son and I drove as fast as we could to make it, and got there right as the first chords were played. It was a great show, and from what the guys were saying, it was the most "punk" crowd they'd seen in a long time. The pit covered most of the floor. We sat up in the bleachers backstage and watched from there, and it looked like a giant whirlpool, with bodies floating on top. The coolest thing was Mike's oldest son and all his buddies were body surfing, they had a great time. His younger son was working the lights all night and had a blast. After the show, there was a wide assortment of articles of clothing on the floor, could end up being quite a fundraiser for the school ... he he he, though most of the shoes were unpaired. At any rate, I got to see my honey, though it was not long enough as I had to get myself and the kid home for school and work, and he had to get back on the bus to head to San Diego. Sunday is right around the corner and I"m really looking forward to it. Let me know if anyone is going to Pomona, I'd love to meet any of you.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">That's awesome that you got to see Brent!
    Social D in San Diego tonight, I can't wait.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the show was fuckin awesome!!! we got there early, just in time to find out that they were not serving any beer.i should of stayed down town for a bit longer. street dogs were cool, backyard babies were alright, but social d was fucking awesome. i've seen them about 30 times now, but it just keeps getting better. i took in a camera, but i got to get them developed today. my wife was one of the people up on top of the crowd as well as mikes' boy. good show all around, i had a fucking great time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to the Pomona show Sunday night. Can't wait, especially after reading how people have gone to the recent shows. Calif crowds are totally different, and I would have never known that had I not seen a Social D show this past summer in Texas. Most of the people were seated, and I just couldn't do that. I kept telling her that it's not freaking Barry Manilow where we sit and clap out hands, gotta be closer and gotta be upright.So my friend and I snuck closer when security wasn't watching. There was just a small area to stand in, no real mosh pit. Maybe it was just the venue, I think it was the Nokia center or something like that, but the crowd last year at Deep Vellum was more of a Calif crowd, no seats, mosh pit, etc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by geekgirlxx:
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I bet they were just glad to be back in CA with their family and friends close by. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I would love to see a Sxdx show in CA. I seen them in NJ, DC and PA and all the shows were awesome but the crowds were...(I guess I shouldn't say 'cuz I know I'll get alot of crap [img]tongue.gif[/img] .) Hey any news on them returning to the east coast???