Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Breaking guitar strings, hitting the wrong note and using a different guitar for a song than normal are all part of any band's live performance - you want perfection (or close to it) listen to the cd. I've seen the 'Mats try to play totally drunk and the Stones play the same song in different keys and we've all heard stories about bands breaking up on stage. Now those are F-ups.
    The last Social D show I saw was probably one of the best shows i've ever seen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks all,much 'preciated........
    sorry to vent, but sometimes it seems everybody wants from you and at the end of the night your the one sitting alone and tired.
    and yes erica, I've been building custom bikes and engines WAAAY before all of this discovery channel thing hit... but who'da thought one day greazzy 'ol bike mechanics would have "rock star" status! go figure......

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Originally posted by chopperdonny:
    sorry to vent, but sometimes it seems everybody wants from you and at the end of the night your the one sitting alone and tired.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Donny you do a great job, next leg of the tour I'll buy you a beer.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK what is it? bag on donny night? at the wiltern show, the back-up O.C. guitar was having a wireless glitch and I had to restring and tune the #1 in like 8 seconds but by the time I got it back the song was over. at the hoot mike was using a tempermental gretch with an echo-plex and through all the switching around of the amp-rig I forgot to switch him back to the les paul.
    a tech's job is a freaking nightmare for an hour a night,dealing with bad club wiring,horrible sound gear,tempermental vintage guitars,cell phones stepping on wireless frequencies,wiping up thrown beer and all the while getting sucker punched by kids your trying to keep off of the stage,and not letting any of this distract the band ..AND all problems have to be dealt with in real-time with a 1000+ people looking on who know they could do it better. but wait, when it's all done and your exhausted you get to spend the next hour putting it all back into a trailer, sometimes in the snow or rain. ....sound like fun? it's a thankless job, but at the end of the night ya look back and think yeah, let's see YOU muthafuckas put on that freakin circus with what we had to work with here.....
    P.S. Miss Erica ya got it wrong, Black Kat Kustom is Mike's clothing line . my friend was just kind enough to let me put his logo on the bikes that we build.

59Finz

::APPLAUSE::
    3 Cheers for Donny!!
    Here's one ~~~> THANKYOU...for your thankless job! ::muah::

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

appreciate the work bro....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At the November show in Phoenix, Mike messed up the lyrics to Ball and Chain. Instead of singing the 2nd verse, he started with the 3rd. He realized it right away because the crowd was singing so loud, so he stopped, laughed, said the crowd fucked him up, and started over. Pretty funny.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by chopperdonny:
    and yes erica, I've been building custom bikes and engines WAAAY before all of this discovery channel thing hit... but who'da thought one day greazzy 'ol bike mechanics would have "rock star" status! go figure......
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Well Mike and you make a great team. The whole reason I mentioned you, is because you work your ass off, and you definately deserve some praise here and there as well. Notice I said Donny is awesome!!
    You are...and I'm sorry I didnt call you when I was in Vegas, but you just said that everybody wants from you and at the end of the night your sittin alone and tired. I didnt want you to think that I "wanted" you to do me any favors. Thats not my style. I figure I'd run into ya. If not, I'd call you or e-mail you when you got home and settled....and by the way welcome home! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by sickgirl62:
    Which roadie is Donny?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Donny, at the San Diego shows, were you the one with black hair, wearing cuffed jeans, who tested Mike's guitar by playing "Sweet Home Alabama"?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast