Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just got back from the show..

I thought I Hate Kate was better than Black Halos, but neither one impressed me too much. Pops is not my favorite venue - it's in a crappy part of town, the sound is only so-so, and it's always hot there and tonight was no exception. The band came out with the sirens wailing and opened with Road Zombie. Mike did mention the greatest hits record being out in June and promised to come back "sometime next year". Here's the setlist (I might be wrong on the order, but I think I got them all).

Road Zombie
    Reach for the Sky
    Highway 101
    Under My Thumb
    Bad Luck
    Mommy's Little Monster
    Far Behind
    Ball & Chain
    Lude Boy (what a surprise)
    When She Begins
    Six More Miles
    Gotta Know the Rules
    Sometimes I Do
    Nickels & Dimes

Prison Bound
    Ring of Fire

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Black Halos were brutal and I Hate Kate was better and clearly the more talented of the two bands.

Only my seond time to Pop's and it was the same as the first, horrible. What a crappy venue.

Both Social D and the crowd was much better than when I saw them at the House of Blues in Chicago last September.

The opening was great with Ness wearing his bandana bandit style. Also glad they changed up the set list a little bit from the show last September.

This marks about the 15th time I've seen them and I enjoy it every time. The new song is outstanding and I hope they stay true to their word and come back next year.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i rode my motorcycle from Chicago to Sauget and to my surprised, it was a dump, but it did remind me of the old school shows SD use to perform back in So. Cal when i was a kid.
    Black Halos- WTF? what was up w/ the comment by the lead singer when he gave that little kid the T_shirt and made a comment about no "C*mming" on it? The band was playing pretty hard/rockin, but the lead singer sucks-
    I Hate Kate- initially, i thought this was one of the crappy teenage pop bands, but they turned out to be ok. Entertaining. I was a little confused by the moshers going at it to an remake of Major Tom? but hell- seems they had fun.
    SD- I was lucky to be pretty close in the center and ....drunk girl making out w/ her BF in front of me ( get a room). i think lots of ppl were ready to beat her down since she was being pretty rude. Hot hot hot in this place!! Overall though SD had a pretty good set and the place was really small enough that everyone could enjoy, even in the upper deck area. A tad funner place than House of Blues in Chicago.

I dont know if i'll check em out in Urbana, IL, so i'll cross my fingers and wait til they come to Chicago hopefully in Sept.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So you were in Chicago last fall too Sutter? I think I liked the Chicago shows we've been to the best. Saturday was only show #11 for me, so I've got some catching up to do!!

Yes, Pops does suck. The American, the Pageant or even Mississippi Nights would be better.

Does anyone else have issues with the merchandise? I picked up a Black Kat tank in a Large, and it is way tight, even on my "athletic build". I guess I should have known better, since my SD wife beater (from last year) is an XL.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah Kitten I was up there in September and sad to say for me it looked like they were just punching a clock that night.

Went out to Vegas two years ago to see them, only to have them cancel the show at the last minute because Mike was sick.

Surprised they didn't play the Pageant since they've sold it out the last two times they were here.

I agree about the Black Halos singer and giving the kid the tee-shirt and his comments. What is wrong with that guy?

I hung in the balcony Saturday night, less congestion up there.