Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,

I'm always looking for good pictures of Mike Ness so that I can practice color pencil portraits. Recently I discovered this media player - VLC Media Player - which has a cool feature: you can easily take motion capture stills from video. I don't know if any of you have ever tried to do that with Windows Media Player, but it is just about impossible!

So I was able to take a still picture from a concert video and use it as a model for a portrait. It was fun to do, so I thought I'd share it with everyone here.

MikeSingsWebSize

Inactive Member Gon Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fucking awesome!!! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is really good at first glance I actually thought it was a screen grad from a video.
    I always wanted to be able to draw that good!

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ May 01, 2007 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Sedated ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I remember some work you did in the past and was extremely impressed. Do you have a website or somewhere where we can see more?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks ya'll!

Kustom55, no, I don't have a web site yet. One of these days, when I have enough pictures, I will set up a gallery. Colored pencil is a very slo-o-ow medium - it took me about a month to do that picture. So I just post a Mike Ness picture here every now and then when I finish one - the rest of the time I work on portraits of people I know, and nature pictures.

The key is having a good photo to work from - last year, a couple of people asked me to try the photo from the back of Cheating at Solitaire - the photo with Ness leaning against his car. I tried it, but I was too embarrassed at the results to post it here! It's a beautiful photo, but not enough close-up detail to use for a portrait.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice job! I love Mike Ness art work. Very cool.

Inactive Member deadbeat sinatra's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

very nice! youre very talented [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Mes. Weezer,

I never turn down a Social D video if anyone offers, so feel free to send me a PM about that!

But if you want to get a specific screenshot, it might be better for you to give it a try. You can download the VLC media player for your O.S.. Then you open your video from inside the player (usual system - file: open). Then, while the video is playing, you go to the video menu on top, and if you scroll down you will see "Snapshot." All you have to do is click "Snapshot" at the moment you want the screen capture. It will appear as a jpg file that you can save! It's that easy.

I watched the video first, and wrote down the times of the best shots, so I would be ready when they came up.

If you still want to send me the video and have me give it a try, let me know the times on the video of the screenshots you want.

About YouTube, I'm not sure about uploading videos, but if you have Mozilla Firefox, there is a great plug-in that lets you capture video from YouTube. It's called Video Downloader, and it works really well. It's nice to save some of those videos, since they have been taking so many of them down lately.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've tried to print a clip from a Social D video too, it IS impossible, except on youtube, but then I can't get my dvd to rip properly, to put it on youtube. Maybe if I send you the dvd, you could do the picture? Because I agree, that is fucking awesome!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heres a little something I did back in the days. I shouldn't even put this up, compared to Miss Jones.ersh5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast