Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After reading some of the posts on here in the past few days, i'm learning that more and more people here are getting hitched. I mentioned in a previous thread that i'm engaged, and was curious how many people have some sort of SxDx influence to it.

for me, i'm hoping to get 1-2 songs played in the pre-reception "cocktail hour" rotation, but i think even that will be a stretch.

how bout you?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm "engaged" too and I plan to have "Angel's Wings" played as one of the last songs at my wedding next year. I think out of all their songs that one is the most fitting... What do you think Hotrodder?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I JUST WANNA GIVE YOU THE CREEPS MOTHERFUCKER!

the best wedding song.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by zach with an h:
    I JUST WANNA GIVE YOU THE CREEPS MOTHERFUCKER!

the best wedding song.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">+1!

Seriously though, I don't get the big deal of playing Social D at your wedding. It's you and your fiancee's day. Do you hide your musical tastes from your friends and family?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my wedding had absolutely no Social D. no music, clothing, hairstyles, etc. that are affiliated with the band. No offense to anyone, but I just think it's tacky/corny when you try to slip something like that into a wedding.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

corny & tacky is the dj prompting Grandma to dance to "celebrate good times".
    I don't see why it would even be a question of being allowed to play a particular song or band at your wedding as long as it wasn't offensive.

Do you actually think if "Angel Wings" or "Story of My Life" came on people would all stop what they were doing with their jaws agape in shock? I don't think anyone would even notice.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Glenn, we were thinking about having Angel's Wings too, b/c we both like it. Still up in the air though. One thing is for sure: the last "slow dance" will be to Earth Angel, b/c Back to the Future is my favorite movie, and it's a great song too!

As far as the Creeps goes, that's one of her favorite songs--we got in the car once and she turned it on, my jaw dropped to the floor and she said she really liked it. Learn something new everyday.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by lespaulplayer:
    my wedding had absolutely no Social D. no music, clothing, hairstyles, etc. that are affiliated with the band. No offense to anyone, but I just think it's tacky/corny when you try to slip something like that into a wedding.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Why would playing a SD song at a wedding be corny? Don't people usually create playlists of which they like for thier special day?....and I do believe SD has written plenty of love songs.....As mike always says..."even tough guys fall in love."

I would conider adding slicked back hair, or wearing dickies and a mechanic Jacket instead of a tux as "corny", and overall just plain lame...but not playing a good song by a great band.

Your just hatin because either:

A: you live in the Town that Mike commonly refers to as one of the most god for saken places ever to be assembled and called a city.

Or

B: You tried to fit in 99 to life during the "dollar dance", and Wifey put on the Kaibosh, so you don't want anyone else to enjoy the pleasant melodies of SD at their wedding...

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by raptorschild:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by lespaulplayer:
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Why would playing a SD song at a wedding be corny? Don't people usually create playlists of which they like for thier special day?....and I do believe SD has written plenty of love songs.....As mike always says..."even tough guys fall in love."

I would conider adding slicked back hair, or wearing dickies and a mechanic Jacket instead of a tux as "corny", and overall just plain lame...but not playing a good song by a great band.

Your just hatin because either:

A: you live in the Town that Mike commonly refers to as one of the most god for saken places ever to be assembled and called a city.

Or

B: You tried to fit in 99 to life during the "dollar dance", and Wifey put on the Kaibosh, so you don't want anyone else to enjoy the pleasant melodies of SD at their wedding...

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Or C: none of the above.

We had no music during our wedding because all we got was a 10 minute ceremony at the county courthouse.

And as Sandranash so eloquently pointed out, too many people do focus on the wedding instead of the actual marriage. I think it's grossly corny and cliche to let one's fanboyism of a band creep into their wedding. On the one day that you should express your love and feelings to your spouse, I can think of nothing more insulting to one's significant other than letting a rock band do it for them.

This is what I think about wedding music: YouTube - adam sandler - somebody kill me please - wedding singer

But whatever, to each his/her own I guess...

And go on insulting bakersfield, you're preaching to the choir. But what other town let's mike drive Buck Owen's car, gives Mike one of Buck Owen's guitars, and gives Mike a the key to the city?

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ June 16, 2008 12:57 PM: Message edited by: lespaulplayer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sandrenash - Where have you been girl? Send me a PM Message or email me.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast