Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by lespaulplayer:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by raptorschild:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by esn212:
    This argument will just go in circles, but the truth is, with all the talk we really have no idea who is going to be an effective president. Best we can do is vote for the person we agree with the most and think might be a good leader. How things go during their term is up in the air. It depends so much on how they react to circumstances beyond their control, who they surround themselves with, and other less obvious factors. Voting is gambling, sure. But that makes it all the more important to do your research and get behind the right candidate for you. Glib comments about how they are all the same and how one vote doesn't matter are only going to make things worse. As far as I am concerned, that attitude is a bigger problem than most politicians can be.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner. The problem with arguing politics is that there is so much information that simply isnt available to the public. I really can't overly bash or support any given leader due to the fact that you need to have a government clearance in order to even know what you are talking about.

yall go on and do your "research" and vote for who you think is "best". I'd just be interested in your sources for your research and what "your guy" actually does once he or she is elected.

I'll probably vote and give my opinion, but like 99% of Americans my opinion will be just that....factless opinion that could hurt more than help. I guess thats what it takes to be able to "bitch"....you gotta be kidding me.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">What a completely defeatist point of view. "You have to have a government clearance to know what you are talking about." Bullshit. You have to be a flaming retard to believe that. It's amazing how people actually go out of their way to be uninformed. Fucking amazing.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I love how you suggest i'm going out of my way to be misinformed, yet you don't provide where you are going to get your "insight" from????

sorry but if your research includes mainstream media sources, and the candidates word, then you are uninformed...So again i beg the question....where do you get decent information??? Youtube??? After watching the above video about Ron Paul...I really like him, and maybe i'll vote for him, yet George Bush had some great campaign PR pushes, and we all know how thats workin out.

Again after all my research is done and my vote is placed how will i know my candidate will do a good job as pres? I don't. How do i know my information is accurate?? I don't with the exception of previous occurance, which does not guarantee future decisions especially in the name of war, disaster, or adversity of any kind.

I do know the government knows much more than the general public, and in order to make an accurate decision on anyththing...all the info is needed.

I know about this first hand, and i've seen incredible innacuracies come through the media.

Voting is a joke. You can call it "defeatest"...I call it an impossible task of wading through bullshit. Also not having a time machine really hurts my ability to disect future decisions, and go back to make the right vote!

There is a right and wrong vote for me..but finding it is literally impossible. I can do some research, and cross my fingers just like you, but that to me seems "retarded" as you so elequantly put it.

There are some intelligent people out there, but I'll be willing to bet that over 90% of voters really have no clue why they vote the way they do, and if they have a clue its probably misinformed. It doesnt take a genious to realize this country is full of idiots, and to allow idiots to select their leader is traveling along a slippery slope.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ November 16, 2007 01:12 PM: Message edited by: raptorschild ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by raptorschild:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by lespaulplayer:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by raptorschild:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="verdana, arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Originally posted by esn212:
    This argument will just go in circles, but the truth is, with all the talk we really have no idea who is going to be an effective president. Best we can do is vote for the person we agree with the most and think might be a good leader. How things go during their term is up in the air. It depends so much on how they react to circumstances beyond their control, who they surround themselves with, and other less obvious factors. Voting is gambling, sure. But that makes it all the more important to do your research and get behind the right candidate for you. Glib comments about how they are all the same and how one vote doesn't matter are only going to make things worse. As far as I am concerned, that attitude is a bigger problem than most politicians can be.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Ding Ding Ding!!! We have a winner. The problem with arguing politics is that there is so much information that simply isnt available to the public. I really can't overly bash or support any given leader due to the fact that you need to have a government clearance in order to even know what you are talking about.

yall go on and do your "research" and vote for who you think is "best". I'd just be interested in your sources for your research and what "your guy" actually does once he or she is elected.

I'll probably vote and give my opinion, but like 99% of Americans my opinion will be just that....factless opinion that could hurt more than help. I guess thats what it takes to be able to "bitch"....you gotta be kidding me.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">What a completely defeatist point of view. "You have to have a government clearance to know what you are talking about." Bullshit. You have to be a flaming retard to believe that. It's amazing how people actually go out of their way to be uninformed. Fucking amazing.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">I love how you suggest i'm going out of my way to be misinformed, yet you don't provide where you are going to get your "insight" from????

sorry but if your research includes mainstream media sources, and the candidates word, then you are uninformed...So again i beg the question....where do you get decent information??? Youtube??? After watching the above video about Ron Paul...I really like him, and maybe i'll vote for him, yet George Bush had some great campaign PR pushes, and we all know how thats workin out.

Again after all my research is done and my vote is placed how will i know my candidate will do a good job as pres? I don't. How do i know my information is accurate?? I don't with the exception of previous occurance, which does not guarantee future decisions especially in the name of war, disaster, or adversity of any kind.

I do know the government knows much more than the general public, and in order to make an accurate decision on anyththing...all the info is needed.

I know about this first hand, and i've seen incredible innacuracies come through the media.

Voting is a joke. You can call it "defeatest"...I call it an impossible task of wading through bullshit. Also not having a time machine really hurts my ability to disect future decisions, and go back to make the right vote!

There is a right and wrong vote for me..but finding it is literally impossible. I can do some research, and cross my fingers just like you, but that to me seems "retarded" as you so elequantly put it.

There are some intelligent people out there, but I'll be willing to bet that over 90% of voters really have no clue why they vote the way they do, and if they have a clue its probably misinformed. It doesnt take a genious to realize this country is full of idiots, and to allow idiots to select their leader is traveling along a slippery slope.

<font color="#FFFF00"><font size="1">[ November 16, 2007 01:12 PM: Message edited by: raptorschild ]</font></font>
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="verdana, arial">Why don't you look at their past actions. For Example Ron Paul is a Congressman from Texas. Look at his votes in Congress. It's up to you to find out the information on these canidates. I hate the mainstream media but still watch it to see what they are saying. I watch Fox, CNN, and the nightly news. All Of which I think suck but you have to make your own judgement. Watch C-Span to see what Congress or the Senate votes for or against.

And don't always trust the Internet everyone seems to forget that we still have libraries. Hey I heard theres a lot of information there. Maybe we all should check one out so we can quit watching TV and Read something. Just my point, not saying anyone is right or wrong just saying you need to your own research.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Holy shit raptorschild, where do I start?

Information: Government reports, Senate hearings, Congressional publications, the news (yes the fucking news), various press outlets, economic data, scholarly journals, and most importantly: MY OWN ABILITY TO THINK INDEPENDENTLY AND RATIONALLY BASED ON AN ANALYSIS OF A WIDE RANGE OF INFORMATION. Apparently, this is much too difficult for you.

If you are convinced about voting for a candidate after watching a video on YouTube, you're in that border region between ignoramus and retard.

Judging by past decisions, it is pretty easy to gauge how a candidate will vote or propose policy. Judging by campaign contributors it is pretty easy to see which issues will be the most important to them.
    Judging by their platform, it is easy to predict whether or not the candidate will be a total assclown.

Voting is not a joke. Voting for the president is a joke in states like California because of the electoral college. But voting for congressmen, senators, initiatives, and so on is NOT a joke. Please go read.

Holy shit I almost forgot. Allowing idiots to vote is not a slippery slope. It's called the democratic process you dunce. The founders of this country even knew about that but were wise enough to realize that having "idiots" vote comes with the democratic package. Holy shit I can't believe you even said that.

<font color="#FFFF00" size="1">[ November 16, 2007 07:27 PM: Message edited by: lespaulplayer ]</font>

Inactive Member two drink minimum's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by joober jones:
    If I may quote the great Trey Parker
    "if you're not going to root for the home team, then get the hell out of the stadium"
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">If the manager of your team in unfit for leadership then he should be opposed and replaced. Furthermore, your "team" only consists of about 25 percent of the American public.

Any more shitty metaphors?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345