Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orange County People- How many shows will you be going to?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm trailering a car down to Long Beach on Jan. 3rd and 4th. It seems that it's the only 2 dates not on the calender. Dod anyone go to Bakersfield? That hall looked very cool and small.

I know the Filmore has tons of history, I don't really like going there. What about the Warfield? Did anyone catch the shows 3-4 years back? I've loved SxDx for 20+ years but if they played arenas like Green Day, I would stay home. I am very thankful that the band still plays little fucked-up venues.

As for Disneyland, my pop took me and my elderly aunts there on my 7th birthday and we lost the car in the lot for 2 hours. He screamed at the top of his lungs, "WE'RE NEVER COMMIN' TO THIS FUCKING PLACE AGAIN!!"- I haven't been back since.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bigballz, that's Brother Yusef out front the house of blues. he really is an amazing blues guitar player. he has a very unique style. i believe he has a myspace with some songs on it.

www.myspace.com/brotheryusef

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by coldh2o:
    I know the Filmore has tons of history, I don't really like going there. What about the Warfield? Did anyone catch the shows 3-4 years back?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, arial">The Fillmore is my overall favorite venue in SF. Sound is always good, you can see from anywhere, and even sold out shows don't have that squished feeling. The history part is cool too. It's kinda dorky but I love the greeter guy that says "welcome to the Fillmore" to everyone that walks in the door. He's very proud of the apples too. It's a tradition going back to the hippies that didn't get enough nutrition so they have free apples. He was pissed that Joan Jett's manager absoultely refused to allow the apples. I went to all 5 nights of Social D in '05, and on the 3rd night the bartender told me my drinks were free for the rest of the Social D shows.

Never saw Social D at the Warfield but have seen many shows there and the sound is always crappy. Can't see from much of the floor and general vibe not as good.

My favorite place is probably the Great American Music Hall, but it does draw the same caliber bands as the Fillmore. Absolutely beautiful inside and great sound. Thee Parkside is crap for sound but always a great time. There is no backstage so the bands are hanging out in the bar. Met Lars Friedricksen at a Time Again show there, one of the nicest musicans I've ever met. If anyone is going to the show Time Again is opening you should check them out. Really nice guys, they even offered my friend and I a ride home.

I don't mean to knock the HOB. It serves a purpose. I've never been to Anaheim, just Hollywood and Chicago. Both were nice places but does have that "chain restaurant" fell in my opinion.

Oh, and I love Disneyland! I grew up on the eastern half of the US so we went to Disneyworld growing up. I've been to Dland as an adult and I think it is cool because it is smaller and has has more Disney history to it. Total guilty pleasure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jen- I have never been to the Great American before and I'm a native. Everyone says it is the best.

Another thing- I don't remember the drinks being free for me at the later shows. Either you are really cute or I'm one ugly mother. I do like pictures all around the Filmore. Have you ever had a table up top?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I liked the filmore when I went to see them there. I didnt have cash for the bar and the bartender let me keep my drink while I went to the ATM. Plus spending the weekend in San fransisco was cool. That was the only time ive been to that city since I was a kid and now am planning a trip back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why in the hell would the OC HOB ban the Reverend Horton Heat from their venue?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

d-land + Social D is a great day. in march 06, my friend and i went...got there about 6 or so after a tough track practice and went on indiana jones, then went over to see social d. picked up a setlist, got it signed by mcgough and wickersham. then we went to in-n-out in la mirada, and somehow was able to meet the athletes that i coach over at the trails in fullerton at 7am the following morning.

i plan on doing d-land + social d with my fiance this year. we have passes with the parking, so anytime i go to HoB, we have free parking!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How doe's one go about getting something signed from the band at HOB Anaheim? I've been there 101 times but never had to get something signed. I have a neice who's a fan but she's only 6 and I won't take her to a show, but maybe a signed setlist would be cool to give her... Any input would be cool...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Somebody said on here that there was a big fight after a Reverend Horton Heat HOB show, I would assume thats why they moved it to the Grove.

Also, Hot Rodder, some imformation that might be helpful for your freinds joining you at the HOB. You can validate your parking ticket there for an extra 3 hours, which makes 5 hours of free parking. If you forget to validate you can just show them your wristband, and alot of times the parking lots closed by the time the HOB crowd is going home anyways. I'm not sure if you park in the covered parking for the Disneyland patrons, but its a lot closer if you get a spot over by the Rainforest Cafe.
    Hope that helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ha ha ha!! I know, I do the same thing. 5 hours of Disneyland is enough for me at a time anyways!
    Hey since your on the border of Fullerton, you live pretty close to Ceros bar, where I've been booking and bartending on occasion. You should check it out sometime!

www.myspace.com/cerosbar

We should be getting the Horse Theives in there soon, and Deadbeat Sinatra is playing this weekend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast